Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Five years of Xanax coming to an end

[Vi...]

It started very innocently, but over time has become a heavy burden.

Had to take time off work.

Now trying to work on my taper plan with my GP.

I know this will take time so thanks for having me.

Hello VictoryPete and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We're glad you joined us!

Congratulations on your decision to quit Xanax!  I'm sorry you've gone through a rough time.  You've come to the right place for good information and support from others who understand what this process is like.  The knowledge you gain here and the support from other members can make a huge difference as you go through withdrawal.

We generally suggest tapering with cuts of 5-10% every 10-14 days or longer depending on symptoms.  You may find your GP suggests a faster taper but from what we see on the forum a slow careful taper like the one we typically suggest is the best way to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum so you're able to function as well as possible.  Many members choose to taper even more slowly and/or make even smaller cuts in a more symptoms driven taper where cuts are made when symptoms become more manageable.  You will find a wealth of information here to help you plan your taper.

We invite you to explore the site and post when you are ready.  I will give you a couple of links to help you get started.

The Ashton Manual - an excellent resource on benzo withdrawal by a leading researcher in the field.  It features a tapering model that works for some and not others.  Chapter III discusses many common withdrawal symptoms.

Feel free to start a new topic with questions about your situation on these boards:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Welcome!  Please reach out for support!

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]