Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When do we heal?

[40...]

[40...]

Hey BBs,

I am still struggling considerably and want to achieve healing.  I am constantly wondering who I am as a person?  What is my purpose?  Apparently, Eckhart Tolle talks about how a trauma can be an awakening.  This is an awakening for sure, life is certainly beautiful without benzos, I appreciate everything so much more.  The fulfillment I have today compared to the dark empty hole I was in...the benzo use created a void that I could not fill, now I am overflowing.  But the fear, the weird thinking...makes me question who am I ?  What energizes me?  What drains me?  Maybe I have the rest of my life to figure that out...I long for the day the racing thoughts slow down and intrusive memories completely fade.  Maybe I could work again...I miss being a part of something. 

I long for normalcy, I think I have to be more accepting of now and continuously practice being present.

Sending love and prayers BBs

Fiercey

How to rebuild right? We lose so much of ourselves in this! I've been having  some soul searching conversations in my head too.

you know what i did today Fierce? I made a vague 5 year plan. I was so annoyed that I feel like crap today (and feeling a bit lost..) that it inspired me to do it. I've always needed direction and focus...a goal. I know its a very fluid plan due to how I may be feeling, but I guess it was an attempt to capture some vision in my life again. I made it to be small, attainable, sustainable.

I need something. Having a void just kind of adds to the benzo emptiness. I'm attempting to get back to work part time. Not sure how to handle the waves but I said, " screw it - I'll figure it out!".

Just wanted to validate you bc what you wrote resonates with me and I wrestle with it too.Hope you figure it out soon:)

Hugs! :smitten:

[40...]

Awww Trina thanks so much for sharing!  I like that idea...a five year plan.  That’s super awesome you are considering going back to work part time.  Go you!  Yay yay!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]