Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Blood sugar

[Ri...]

I have asked this on here a few times....Has anyone had trouble with low blood sugar? or the sensation of low blood sugar? I recently got hit with a rogue wave...I had been doing great for months and my hormones changing for my monthly cycle (along with some stress and glutenous foods) triggered me into a bad wave that has been at it for about a week now. It really hit me hard and I truly wasn't expecting it..thats how good I was doing. I had low blood sugar feelings all the time in the beginning where I had to constantly drink water and eat to maintain it and it would come and go in waves. id get solid months were I wasn't nearly as sensitive..but now it seems I am back at square one with it. I get it alot now...please..Any insight or encouragement would really help. I got a glucometer to check it out for myself to make sure my blood sugar doesnt get too out of whack..im nervous about going to work in this state as I am a dental assistant and alot is expected of me. Im also concerned that im developing diabetes or something...which would be crazy. I had my blood tested last year and had a full work up and my A1C was normal...the only thing that seemed slightly off was my thyroid..which was also very strange and I figured it was because of benzos..I plan to get a full work up again. need some encouragement.

Dat happened to me pretty much. I could get jitters just on waking up. Until I ate something I couldn't stabilize.

It eased a bit though my mood is not yet back to fully normal.

I have asked this on here a few times....Has anyone had trouble with low blood sugar? or the sensation of low blood sugar? I recently got hit with a rogue wave...I had been doing great for months and my hormones changing for my monthly cycle (along with some stress and glutenous foods) triggered me into a bad wave that has been at it for about a week now. It really hit me hard and I truly wasn't expecting it..thats how good I was doing. I had low blood sugar feelings all the time in the beginning where I had to constantly drink water and eat to maintain it and it would come and go in waves. id get solid months were I wasn't nearly as sensitive..but now it seems I am back at square one with it. I get it alot now...please..Any insight or encouragement would really help. I got a glucometer to check it out for myself to make sure my blood sugar doesnt get too out of whack..im nervous about going to work in this state as I am a dental assistant and alot is expected of me. Im also concerned that im developing diabetes or something...which would be crazy. I had my blood tested last year and had a full work up and my A1C was normal...the only thing that seemed slightly off was my thyroid..which was also very strange and I figured it was because of benzos..I plan to get a full work up again. need some encouragement.

I would suggest eating ONLY protein and vegetables. No, and I mean no, carbs of any kind. No breakfast bagels, potatoes, rice, peas (peas are sugary), corn (sugary), or any grains in any form or amount. IOW don't eat anything that will cause your blood sugar to spike which will only lead to a crash in 45 minutes. Read food labels. Find out how many carbs and sugars you can eat in a day by keeping track of it. Fiber cancels out sugar, so a fruit with 15 carbs and 6 fibers nets you 9 carbs. I've determined that 15 sugars can give me an afib attack. I have 1/2 lb of hamburger for breakfast. Don't cheat; it takes a surprisingly small amount of sugar to get you back to craving it again. You will have to detox at first and that takes a month. It sounds like a figure of speech or an exaggeration to say that sugar consumption is like a addiction, but it really is. Don;t eat any mayonnaise; it has soy in it. Soy only makes you hungry, so never eat it; it's crap. All soy is genetically modified, no matter what they say. Stay on the straight and narrow with protein and vegetables and you'll (probably) be fine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]