Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

27y.o male in US. 5 years on BOTH 1.5mg klonopin and .75mg Xanax (prescribed).

[al...]

Hello,

I am joining BenzoBuddies as I would like resources and community support while I begin tapering off 1.5mg klonopin daily + .75mg xanax daily for 5 years. Recently I got up to 2mg Klonopin for a few months but managed to stabilize back at 1.75mg klonopin daily--where I am now, + 0.75mg xanax daily (where I have been the whole time, occasionally going up to 1mg a day).

I read the Ashton Manual a while ago, and want to use Valium to taper, but I FINALLY found a Dr. willing to take me on as a patient (I have medicaid) and she does not use Valium. She works at the hospital's detox center as the head attending physician, I will be her first ever taper...she usually just detoxes patients.

My current prescribing Dr. no longer takes my insurance--he also does not think I need to taper looool. I am ready, just looking for help.

Hello aleph39 :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am glad you found our community.  You are making a great decision in tapering off your benzodiazepines.  I am sorry you haven’t found a doctor to prescribe the Valium for the crossover?    We have members who’ve successfully tapered off Klonopin and Xanax.  I would do some research, check out the taper boards,  browse the forum and post questions. 

I am glad that you are familiar with the The Ashton Manual it’s a great resource for learning about these drugs.  We have a great community filled with knowledgeable and compassionate members who are caring, supportive and will encourage you. 

Here are a few useful links:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Klonopin Klub 

The Xanax Club

If you would like to add a signature  (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

I had that Xanax and Klonopin combo prescribed to me also. 

That is awesome that you have found a provider that is willing to work with you and educate herself with the safer, healthier and much more successful approach to beating benzodiazepine dependency. 

Good luck and best wishes.

[54...]

Hello,

I am joining BenzoBuddies as I would like resources and community support while I begin tapering off 1.5mg klonopin daily + .75mg xanax daily for 5 years. Recently I got up to 2mg Klonopin for a few months but managed to stabilize back at 1.75mg klonopin daily--where I am now, + 0.75mg xanax daily (where I have been the whole time, occasionally going up to 1mg a day).

I read the Ashton Manual a while ago, and want to use Valium to taper, but I FINALLY found a Dr. willing to take me on as a patient (I have medicaid) and she does not use Valium. She works at the hospital's detox center as the head attending physician, I will be her first ever taper...she usually just detoxes patients.

My current prescribing Dr. no longer takes my insurance--he also does not think I need to taper looool. I am ready, just looking for help.

If your current benzos are addressing your symptoms and you are symptom-free, you don't need to switch to valium. Switching to valium is an old practise when microtapering wasn't invented.You can safely microtaper off the combo over one year or less. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]