Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

15 years on Alprazolam: 0,5mg and 7,5 of zopiclona every night

[al...]

I have been more than 15 years on alprazolam. I started after a traumatic experience, as I was gradually loosing my ability to sleep. Soon, I became unable to sleep at all without Alprazolam. For many years I had 1 mg every night.  At some point, in order to quit and after trying several drugs, one of my doctors recommended to take 7,5 mg of Zopiclona while diminshing Alprazolam to 0,5 mg each night. And that is where I´m stuck since a couple of years.  My sleep is not good, my memory is terrible and, more generally, my cognitive skills are limited; I´m anxious and irritable. I need to quit, but don´t know how to proceed. I´m working out, doing therapy, having healthy nutrition and open to any alternatives.

Hi alprazover :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad you are here,  Sorry  that you’re  stuck with your  alprazolam taper. You are bound to be anxious, you can do this!!  You will find some very valuable support here, to help you on your journey to be free.  I suggest you, check out the taper plan boards and post questions.  Your Zopiclone will also need to be tapered in the same manner, not yet, when you are ready, I would finish tapering the benzo first. 

Benzodiazepines should be tapered off slowly, reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. You can go slower,  whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would recommend reading through the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as tapering and withdrawal information, It includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

The Xanax Club

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi magrita,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

Also thanks for the links, I will read all of them carefully

Kind regards,

You are most welcome alprazover.  You may also  want to check out the insomnia and Anxiety boards.  You can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help. You may get some tips to help with your sleep issues. 

Anxiety     

Insomnia

Magrita :thumbsup:

Hi there, there’s also a z drug support group, I’m currently tapering from zopiclone and find it helpful to read thru comments x

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]