Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A distraction- 🦄 what would a safe recovery house look like?

[wa...]

Here is a Twitter feed I started for a thought experiment/project called

🦄SafeHouseforbenzoinjured. It is mostly me tweeting so far.

The idea is that if there was a sort of recovery house for benzo injured people,

it would be unique, it would be a unicorn in the world.

My vision is of a supportive, non-coercive, non-medical house, with

private as well as public spaces (no forced interaction.) and a kind

community of helpers, people informed and experienced in this.

This is an example of what I share on there. Searching for pictures helps me

relax.

Please follow if interested.

No discussion of symptoms or scary stories, just hope for the future. Thanks!

Edit: returned link

[df...]

Probably very difficult to create a single facility that could support everybody's needs.  I wonder what each person's 'house' would look like if they could have anything they wanted/needed to help with their withdrawal.

My indoor requirements would be pretty simple (basic comforts, internet, good music system, stocked kitchen), but I would want outdoor space - beach, ocean, hiking/biking trails, scenic beauty, golf course, and a hot tub.

Yeah, it would be really hard to achieve, it’s just a fantasy I have at this point.

Thanks for your feedback, though, I really want to know what other people would find helpful.

Hot tub sounds great, Badsocref!  I would like someone cooking me meals, and I'm not sure if I would want a massage therapist there, or a taxi service to take me to go and get massages.  Massages helped my muscle pain so much during these withdrawals. 

Also, quiet spaces.  My own house has so much open concept, that the noise carries just too well and bothers me frequently.  In an ideal house, I would have a place to go and not hear everyone else doing their things. 

Massage would be wonderful, that had entered my mind.

My initial idea was to have it be a place of quiet and calm, with comfortable

furniture, lots of quiet spaces and individual as well as public areas.

I have so longed for a quiet, calm, safe place during this time.

Video games are one of the few things that distracts me from panic.

Give me a comfy reclining chair, cool breeze (I don't tolerate heat at all), a nice gaming phone, decently fast internet, a mini fridge for snacking, and TV for background noise and I'm happy.

I'd have pictures of different animals like monkeys, dolphins, unicorns, dogs on the walls. A safe recovery house would have to have a pet or two. A dog would be an amazing candidate because dogwalking is a good activity for recovery. Got to have some games. Snooker table would be awesome, would be happy with a pool table too. Ping pong is a good level of exercise for those that can manage it. Individual en suite rooms that are soundproofed and dark at night. I want homemade curry 2-3 nights per week and mexican once per week. The rest of the time I want an individualised healthy diet plan and I want to be able to cook if I want but otherwise it's covered by an able professional. And it would be nice if a lady washed my balls for me in the shower.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]