Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Citalopram

[Ha...]

Just thought I'd share.

Now this might be because I CT'd citalopram a month after CT from Valium, but 1 of my worst sx has been racing thoughts which has been leading to panic attacks. Anyway the past couple of days I've tried tiny amounts of citalopram, for an hour after I take it things get worse, but then no more racing thoughts!! Not a miracle cure, but definitely helps me. Again it might be because I stopped it, and I think now the Valium was keeping it under control so to speak because I think I OD'd on it hence stopping.

Now for the cog fog, pain etc etc

[85...]

Just thought I'd share.

Now this might be because I CT'd citalopram a month after CT from Valium, but 1 of my worst sx has been racing thoughts which has been leading to panic attacks. Anyway the past couple of days I've tried tiny amounts of citalopram, for an hour after I take it things get worse, but then no more racing thoughts!! Not a miracle cure, but definitely helps me. Again it might be because I stopped it, and I think now the Valium was keeping it under control so to speak because I think I OD'd on it hence stopping.

Now for the cog fog, pain etc etc

Intresting. I saw a TV show about how thoughts are created im the brain. Its in between the gap from neuron to neuron. Its is created from serotonin in the synaps. The doctor said that the level of serotoin is the answer to our thoughts and that is 1500-2000 thoughts/minute is created in the synaps in a healthy brain. And Citalopram like other SSRI are a reuptake serotonin in this gap.

Is lack of serotonin causing intrusive thoughts? Makes sense to me. Serotonin in low levels can also cause anger in some ppl...

That makes sense, just hope I can continue to take it. I'm so sensitive at the moment, through trial and error (lots of error) I can only take 0.5mg. Which shouldn't have any effect on a "normal person"

So that was a bad idea. Seems my system is just too sensitive to anything. Really don't know what to do, what a nightmare this really is

[39...]

I tapered off Zoloft because I was convinced it was making me nuts while I was in Acute benzo withdrawal.  I have not a clue which Could have screwed me up more, stopping the Zoloft or staying on it.  I understand Your dilemma all too well.  I chose To stop it because too many of my symptoms were congruent with side effects from Zoloft.  Now that I reflect, the Zoloft did not help me at all anyway, good ridden.  But that does not mean that it is not helpful to other people, I wish I could handle it but my body flat out says no no uh uh not even a little.

It’s a slippery slope, as long as your safe and okay, do what your intuition tells you to do...

I can't work out what's best, things have got worse now. Looping thoughts are driving me insane, don't know how much more I can take

I tapered off Zoloft because I was convinced it was making me nuts while I was in Acute benzo withdrawal.  I have not a clue which Could have screwed me up more, stopping the Zoloft or staying on it.  I understand Your dilemma all too well.  I chose To stop it because too many of my symptoms were congruent with side effects from Zoloft.  Now that I reflect, the Zoloft did not help me at all anyway, good ridden.  But that does not mean that it is not helpful to other people, I wish I could handle it but my body flat out says no no uh uh not even a little.

It’s a slippery slope, as long as your safe and okay, do what your intuition tells you to do...

Did you find your sleep was effected in withdrawal from anti depressants? I had similarly bad experience on citalopram but know it does help many other people. Stopped 10 weeks ago at first sleep OK but last couple weeks not been good keep waking up no deep sleep anymore Just wondering if it will improve. Probably should have tapered longer I know.