Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

helper meds for tapering

[md...]

I've found that supplements that calm the CNS and promote glutamate/gaba balance helped me but be careful because not everyone can tolerate them: Taurine, Ginger,  Vit C,  QOQ10, Valrian, L-Theanine, B vit (especially B6). I suggest adding one at a time so you can see what's doing what. Exercise has been really helpful for me, even if it's just a short walk.

There's definitely no "should"s, which is unfortunate tbh. There's nothing you can take which helps absolutely everybody and you need to take it or you're doing it wrong. There's a bunch of things you can try, that might help but could cause a setback too. You should probably do a lot of research into whatever you might take, to try and mitigate any potential risks. I would caution against viewing meds as being benign even if doctors insist. "Helper med" trivialises things IMO. I don't think there's such a thing as "helper meds" because anything that might significantly help is a serious medication in its own right. It's a serious undertaking, not a "helper".

I take Solgar vitamin C capsules and mindcare balance all in one tablets:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MindCare-Capsules-L-Theanine-Magnesium-Vitamins/dp/B014HHMPIG

Find they do help me but everyones different :thumbsup:

I take a multi too Plasticman: Dr Amy Yasko's Holistic Health All in One. This is something you definitely want to ease into and when you're somewhat stable. Dr Yasko specialized in treating autistic children who have been known to have an excess of glutamate. She found that the same treatments helped others with excess glutamate like us.

how do u guys feel about sensoril ashwaghanda and mulungu?

Ashwagandha really amped me up even before I even started tapering, I would hate to see what it would do to me now, and I tried mulungu extract years ago and got nothing from it.

Honestly everything amps me up so I have just decided to deal with it on my own. CBD and taurine were the two most recent things I tried and both of them either didn't help or made things worse (its really hard to tell with anxiety which was the case but I didn't feel any sort of relief from them and had really bad days, so take that how you want to.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]