Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6 Month update

[Ma...]

Hello everyone,

I just made 6 Month out from Xanax. In the past 2-1/2 weeks I've been having for the most part alot of windows with very minimal waves. Most of my physical symptoms are gradually lessening providing I don't put myself in stressful situations. There's times I have triggers. Im still no where close to my very out going self before. When I think back months into the past. I do see some healing for the most part, but slowly. I still definitely am dealing with my anxiety, mild agoraphobia, fears. I use my coping skills that works for me which helps very much, but does not cure it. So it's a constant battle. Being patient during this process of healing of my brain and body Is a blessing in disguise.

Congratulations!  I hit 6 months earlier this month.

I am in a similar place as you where there are mostly windows...but work stress had me in a wave for a bit.  But I knew what to do to help keep the anxiety at bay.  See my six month update for details.

you have a great attitude! I am right about where you are and my symptoms are very similar. Stay positive and float thru the tough times!  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone who replied let's stay positive during this process of healing at the same time of going through some pain and  hardship within us. But we are here to keep moving forward to get better and refind our new selves. 😀

After posting this, I pretty much jinxed myself. My windows ended now im going through my waves, shit!!! Here we go again it never fails back and forth. Headaches, migraines, dizziness, easily triggered, heart palps, loud tinnitus, sensitive to sounds, fear, can't do anything physical. My last wave lasted inside of 2 weeks, this window lasted about little over 2 weeks. 😂😂😂

Yep, it never fails.  You post about how good you feel, then bam, a wave knocks you down.

Don’t worry a window will open soon.  The fact that you are having windows and waves means you are healing.  Stay positive!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]