Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to microtaper on liquid diazepam?

[Am...]

In most cases there is no real need to microtaper diazepam. Diazepam has a "built-in" microtaper in it due to its long half-life.

In most cases there is no real need to microtaper diazepam. Diazepam has a "built-in" microtaper in it due to its long half-life.

I’m extremely sensitized though. Many past start and stops. Kindled. My cns is kinda fried so I’m trying to go super slow and smooth

I’m extremely sensitized though. Many past start and stops. Kindled. My cns is kinda fried so I’m trying to go super slow and smooth

Yes, slow and smooth is the right way. We all have a history, don't think you're the only one. Still, slow and steady...

If you're hyper-sensitive then by all means microtaper.

Here's how I do it:

Take a 1 ml syringe and fill with liquid Diazepam

Fill a 100 ml graduated cylinder to the 99 ml mark with water

Mix D and water in a baby jar

The first day pour solution into cylinder until it reaches the 99 ml mark and drink

The second day, 98 ml and so on until done

At this rate you will have reduced 1 mg in 100 day or .01 mg a day

You can slow it down by staying at the same dose for several days or speed it up by reducing .02 or .03..ml/day instead of .01/day

You might want to check out the Daily Microtaper Support Group

Good luck

Yeah that's not even close to true. Many of us have to microtaper diazepam. Its not about the long half-life, its about getting extremely small dose reductions to keep symptoms under control.

I don't have specific experience with pharmaceutical diazepam solution but I do make my own with propylene glycol and distilled water (the distilled water is important - when I use tap water, I found the batch was ineffective the next day where distilled water its still good two weeks later)

You want to dilute the pharmaceutical solution with distilled water to get a .1mg/mL solution. Get a mason jar, distilled water, a 100mL graduated cylinder (make sure its not plastic or it may adsorb some of the diazepam), some 10mL and 1mL needleless syringes with 50 or 100 graduations (you can find them on Amazon) and your solution. Make sure you get the oral solution (5mg per 5mL) and not the concentrate (25mg per 5mL).

Take the solution and the 10mL syringe and measure out 10mL, put it into the graduated cylinder, and then add distilled water until you get it to 100mL, dump it in the mason jar, cap and shake it. Then you just measure out your dose. Take your dose and multiply by 10 to figure out how many mL to take. For example, 2.5mg is 25mL and 1.47mg is 14.7mL.

You can use the calculator at https://benzo.alwaysdata.net to make a taper schedule. I recommend deleting the amount from the quantity and using the percentage instead. The taper will take longer this way but its a much smoother reduction.

Yeah that's not even close to true. Many of us have to microtaper diazepam. Its not about the long half-life, its about getting extremely small dose reductions to keep symptoms under control.

It absolutely has to do with the long half-life. Long half-life means the levels of diazepam subside by themselves very slowly. Without a need for microtapering.

It absolutely has to do with the long half-life. Long half-life means the levels of diazepam subside by themselves very slowly. Without a need for microtapering.

There are probably hundreds of us who can refute that the long half-life is long enough. Also, the half-life of a drug is not the same as how long the drug is actually effective. I can feel interdose withdrawal symptoms starting about 22 hours after my last dose, far shorter than the 30-56 hour half-life diazepam has or the 96-200 hour half-life that desmethyldiazepam has. The long half-life prevents seizures and makes for easier dosing since many can get by on a single dose in 24 hours but it also can be particularly nasty when you cut too fast and the plasma level takes two weeks for less severe side effects to catch up which is why cut and hold is a miserable experience.

I have wondered about the need for microtapering V. I have done cut & hold and microtapering. I don’t know if it’s psychosomatic or what, but I definitely felt cuts when I was doing cut & hold. I have found microtapering to be much more comfortable.

And as far as the OP’s question, I take 10 ml of liquid diazepam in a syringe and put it in a 100 ml graduated cylinder then add 90 ml distilled water. Then I pour the solution in a mason jar. That gives me a 1:10 ratio solution, so my dose right now is 1.54 mg, multiply that by 10 and you get 15.4ml. Draw 15 ml with a 10 ml syringe and .4 with a 1 ml syringe and. You’ve taken your dose. I had an uptick in symptoms when i switched from pills to liquid, but I stabilized after a little bit.

I have wondered about the need for microtapering V. I have done cut & hold and microtapering. I don’t know if it’s psychosomatic or what, but I definitely felt cuts when I was doing cut & hold. I have found microtapering to be much more comfortable.

I don't think it's psychosomatic Kit. If we make minute, gradual cuts, the body doesn't feel it as much as big, sudden cuts. I guess it just depends on how sensitized our CNS is and what we can tolerate.

And as far as the OP’s question, I take 10 ml of liquid diazepam in a syringe and put it in a 100 ml then add 90 ml distilled water. Then I pour the solution in a mason jar. That gives me a 1:10 ratio solution, so my dose right now is 1.54 mg, multiply that by 10 and you get 15.4ml. Draw 15 ml with a 10 ml syringe and .4 with a 1 ml syringe and. You’ve taken your dose. I had an uptick in symptoms when i switched from pills to liquid, but I stabilized after a little bit.

Yep this is how I would do it if I had prescribed solution too.

Its too much hassle trying to measure daily with a graduated cylinder so I only use mine when I'm making a new batch.

I'm assuming that "graduated cylinder" was meant to come after the "and put it in a 100 ml," feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And no, its definitely not psychosomatic. If you're doing cut and hold, you're going to have your cut drop practically all at once and tick up your symptoms. Its super miserable and I wish I started with liquid to begin with.

And as far as the OP’s question, I take 10 ml of liquid diazepam in a syringe and put it in a 100 ml then add 90 ml distilled water. Then I pour the solution in a mason jar. That gives me a 1:10 ratio solution, so my dose right now is 1.54 mg, multiply that by 10 and you get 15.4ml. Draw 15 ml with a 10 ml syringe and .4 with a 1 ml syringe and. You’ve taken your dose. I had an uptick in symptoms when i switched from pills to liquid, but I stabilized after a little bit.

Yep this is how I would do it if I had prescribed solution too.

Its too much hassle trying to measure daily with a graduated cylinder so I only use mine when I'm making a new batch.

I'm assuming that "graduated cylinder" was meant to come after the "and put it in a 100 ml," feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And no, its definitely not psychosomatic. If you're doing cut and hold, you're going to have your cut drop practically all at once and tick up your symptoms. Its super miserable and I wish I started with liquid to begin with.

Yes, a graduated cylinder. 😂😂 I edited my post to fix that. Thank you for point that out.

I definitely feel there's benefit to microtapering.  Some people I know who do cut and hold feel the symptoms 4 days after on Valium but these are generally larger cuts (like 10% of the dose).  I think it depends on metabolism of the drug based on your genes and many other factors (weight, etc).  If you are doing small microcuts and then holding, which is kinda a hypbrid IMO, then maybe not so bad.  Anyhow, just my two cents. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]