Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Update on mom on withdrawal

[Lo...]

My aunt came from Mexico two weeks ago to help my brother and I and to check on my mom. It has been almost two weeks since my mom started taking the Zoloft and Vistaril for anxiety, we have seen slight positive results and are happy to see that my mom has regained her appetite and has started going on short walks on the afternoons.

My aunt is taking her to Mexico to see a therapist and a psychiatrist who can monitor her progress with these medications and we think it is a great idea because she owns a beautiful lake house where my mom can relax and have a change of scenery for a while.

I am posting this because it took my brother and I a while to tell my mom's family what was happening because my mom asked us not to. However, now we have realized the importance of having family and friends by your side who have been there for you and will not judge you. Time is the only cure but family always makes the road a little less rocky as cheesy as that sounds. Do not isolate yourself. Take care all! I will update as we go, I hope this helps some of you overcome this obstacle and reach out to loved ones because there is always a way out.

Glad she's doing ok, it's not easy doing it alone that's for sure. You've done great to try and educate yourself and help your mum, you should be proud

Its great she has so many supports - it makes all the difference in this!

Your family sounds like it has a lot of strengths and bonds!  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]