Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nap?

[...]

Is it beneficial to take a nap if possible? I find sometimes I awake feeling much worse! I have read the body heals when sleeping.

I'm a firm believer in you can't get too much sleep. Your body heals a lot more when asleep and it can use all its energy on healing, rather than walking and talking etc. I'm not sure about you but even before this benzo journey I'd feel a bit groggy when waking up from a nap. Just the body readjusting..

I sometimes take a nap out of pure boredom to pass the time. I do find I wake up pretty anxious. The "wall of reality" hits hard anytime I wake up. I normally would plan a dose to take when I awake, during weaning. (My doc and I decided today to take all 3mg of my Diazepam when I wake up in the morning because I have not been able to function throughout the day, taking 1mg 3x per day. This will affect my naps)

For myself it was a midday nap that quickly rolled into the horrific cortisol surges that would leave me shaking uncontrollably in absolute terror of ever sleeping agai  Often accompanied by a retina quality horror movie nightmare starring myself in all roles.

Actually, I have seen people personally define it many different ways.  I am not to sure if it is just Generalized nomenclature or if it has a very specific definition?

I struggle with sleeping during the day but if I put on headphones and do a guided relaxation program, I will sometimes drift off for a bit which is nice.

I can’t wait to nap again. I just have these strange half asleep half awake lay downs. Is that a toxic nap?

That’s exactly how it happens for me and I even get random thoughts and sometimes even images pop in my head when I try to nap like this

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]