Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Relief NOW

[...]

Any ideas for relaxing my muscles, stopping anxiety, pit in my stomach, not sleeping for 3 days in a row. Terrible brain fog and mental torture.

Anything natural? Would Advil/Motrin help?

I don't think ibuprofen would be helpful for the symptoms you describe.  I'm sorry you're suffering like this. 

Instead, a few things come to mind:

Chamomile tea, especially before bedtime, with two bags brewed in the cup

Warm bath for 20 minutes just before bed with 2 cups Epsom salts and a few drops of favorite essential oil such as lavender

Yoga, gentle stretching, deep slow breathing

4-7-8 breathing -breathe in for count of 4; hold for count of 7; exhale for count of 8; for 4+ cycles

Positive affirmations: I am okay; everything is okay; I will be okay

You'll find tons of good ideas on these boards:

Insomnia   

Anxiety 

Wishing you much healing and relief,

Brighterday

Poor sausage  :(

The only natural relief I know for these symptoms is cannabis or cbd hemp and I recommend vaporizing as the best way to ingest. It spikes my tinnitus very loud sometimes and that's definitely a downside, no doubt, however, I accept the volume increase for what else it does for me. Anything else I have tried for relief offers limited relief and can't be taken regularly for various reasons. If you do your research, it's easy to start off very steadily and you don't need to risk getting very high at all, unless you want to of course!

[bb...]

Speaking from personal experience, Ibuprofen helps my muscle agitation. Meditation helps anxiety.

Ibuprofen has glutamate blocking properties. It helps. Not a cure. Probably not best to take every day. I take it when I'm in a wave. Sometimes it'll give me restful sleep

My insomnia comes and goes. What I take every night is melatonin gummies by "Olly." They also have L-Theanine and botanicals in them. I also take Sea Buckthorn Oil to lower my blood pressure. If I get really desperate, I take a Benadryl. Gaba supplements did not work for me but maybe someone else. Be sure to turn off all electronics, when you lay down and maybe soft, very low music. I hope that helps.

[c0...]

Aspirin has helped me on many occasions.  I feel Like I read somewhere that it lowers cortisol.

It is not a cure, but it helps.  Also do not make it a habit, it is a drug and a blood thinner.  Willows Bark is more natural, where aspirin is extracted from. It helps as well but does not pack as big of a lunch as aspirin.

Some of us hav blood disorders and must take a small blood-thinner like aspirin every night for our health problem.  My doc told me to take a baby aspirin every night and I do. 

[df...]

Rescue remedy. It's an homeopathic solution from several flowers discovered by Richard Bach, an English doctor. You can take it during the day. It will relax you and help you sleep. All natural!

And if you are brave enough, cold showers. First thing in the morning and at night one hour before bed time. It set you up for a good night sleep.

Both helped me greatly during my benzo ordeal.

Mice

I don’t have the tea or salt on hand. Thanks for the links, though.

Chamomille tea is an effective natural remedy for lack of sleep. If you don’t have any onu hand go to any Walmart, target, CVS etc and pick some up. Better than taking more otc meds as it’s not a sustainable solution and hard on your stomach.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]