Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

etizolam taper

[md...]

ive been using etizolam daily for about 40 days 1-2mgs. i was thinking of doing a 20% a week reduction but somebody suggested 10% for 2weeks. i dont have access to long acting benzos and im unable to see a doctor. i want to do this the safest way possible with the least amount of negative effects. also i only have 1mg pills so would it be ok to crush my pills and weigh out my doses and decrease that way? all input is greatly appreciated. thank you!

If those are absolute constraints then I would do larger cuts in the beginning and don’t jump to the next cut to soon.  First figure out how dependent your system has become with initial cuts.  You may be one of the seemingly mythical individuals that doesn’t have much problem quitting.  Or you may not yet be fully dependent on the full dose you are taking.

I think you may as well do a cut and get a better idea of what you are up against. I broke 1mg Klonopin pills for my benzo taper, but it was rough I and did not have any stability. If you can overcome some of your constraints, then do so now and make the taper a little less terrible.

i tried to drop to .5mg the first day went well but the second day was filled with bouts of anxiety. feel perfectly fine for an hr followed by 2 hours of anxiety this continued all day and into the night until i broke down and took 2mgs. i took 1.5mgs last night at 7pm, its now 10am and i feel fine. i dont know if i should only try 1mg tonight and see how the following day goes or just start my taper at 1.5mg.

It would probably be better to limit your cut to .25mg max and realize that it often takes weeks to progress through the hell of a reduction.  Everyone is unique and each cut can be totally different for an individual.  For me it was Usually 12-15 days before the full force symptoms from a cut would hit me.  I would feel pretty bad for the first week, but that was nothing compared to the freight train coming at around 2 weeks.

I would recommend a more manageable cut that you can ride out and get a better idea of how you process benzo withdrawals.  I think you may be strongly inclined to forcibly alter your constraints after you have experienced a cut and the full extent of initial benzo withdrawal symptoms. 

I hope it isn’t as terrifying for you, but understanding the depths of your unique benzo withdrawals from the beginning will much better prepare you for your journey.

If you can break your pill and just cut an 1/8, that would probably be better for you.  You can revise your taper plan to whatever works according to what you learn from your Initial cut and hold.

Stay safe.

ok.

lol!  remember that we all metabolize differently, have tons of personal variables and all the benzos have different half-lifes.  I can’t know what you are going to experience, but I don’t want to see you possibly get smashed by unexpected biblical level withdrawals.  So I am advising a cautionary foray into your withdrawal journey, because in the end you are the one that needs to dictate your taper in accordance to your symptoms.  Unfortunately there really isn’t a one size fits all way to do this and just because I suggest something, doesn’t mean you should necessarily listen, lol!  Keep asking questions and request some advice from folks that have experience with etizolam(I am recovering from Klonopin). 

This is your recovery, don’t hesitate to get all the opinions, experiences and information that you can.  There really isn’t much you can do to prepare for possibly suffering the countless temporary(but pretty horrible) symptoms, except being able to identify them, know that they are temporary and mitigate them with smaller cuts + longer holds when necessary.

Good luck and I’m glad you made it here.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]