Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to combat extreme anger!

[Be...]

It was really really hard for me to get through the sensations of absolutely logically justified rage.  There was one time I took the Lowe’s intercom from an employee, called the Store Manager out and unloaded an epic verbal tirade in front of all the employees and customers at the main entrance...., then I bought a lawnmower!

When not under the control of benzos, I am a pretty extreme introvert, but I was aggressively extroverted after some years of tolerance withdrawals.

I basically had to isolate myself to keep from spilling all the rage on people.  Fortunately I didn’t project my Rage anger at my family.  I was even isolated at home and spent everyday in a little room smoking pot and ruminating with seething anger on all persecutions I had suffered.  It was miserable, but interaction while that incredibly sensitive to good or bad with uncontrollable outbursts wasn’t something I wanted to continue to accrue.  I informed the Chief of Police in my city that he was an expletive at one point and rather than end up in the ground as a mental health victim of the corrupt uneducated racist good ol’ boy rural cops here, I kept my head down and out of sight throughout that stage of the symptom. 

After about a year the rage passed, but I then had bouts of extreme irritability.  I was able to leave the room before exploding on people during that stage of the symptom though.

People don’t believe me when I tell them about all the stuff I did and said while being being so controlled by the immediate response compulsions with no inhibitions whatsoever.  I was so incredibly enraged at all the perceived stupidity around me and constantly had a bubbling/burning sensation in my stomach and head.

Isolation isn’t good for most humans, but if some of that rage had spilled on my family it would have been game over.  I don’t regret isolating myself with a pound of pot because it kept me and my anger contained with just nonstop ruminations versus explosions and regrettable actions.

I wish I could say how to make it go away, but all I can say is that eventually you will progress through it.  Staying aware of your currently warped perceptions and actively avoiding confrontation, or quickly walking away because you are about to unleash pure hell on the bastards that just wronged you, is critical.

How to combat feelings of extreme anger and agony to the point of madness?!

Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it except watch it pass.My anger was so much I could get urges to fight for no reason yet I ain't that kind of person.

It's one of the symptoms that frustrated me mad times.I hated my girlfriend,hated my sister,even felt a surge of anger whenever I could perform an act of kindness to someone.

I just learned to observe the anger but not let it make me act..I understood it is a feeling and it ain't got nothing in me.I kept telling myself ":Iam kind,I stir up the gift of patience that is in me.""

Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it except watch it pass.My anger was so much I could get urges to fight for no reason yet I ain't that kind of person.

It's one of the symptoms that frustrated me mad times.I hated my girlfriend,hated my sister,even felt a surge of anger whenever I could perform an act of kindness to someone.

I just learned to observe the anger but not let it make me act..I understood it is a feeling and it ain't got nothing in me.I kept telling myself ":Iam kind,I stir up the gift of patience that is in me.""

You still early on on withdrawal. This feeling will last for a decade!

I remember when I was in tolerance w/d, I was having some seriously bad thoughts about what I'd like to do to my abusive boss at work.  I never had those thoughts ever in my life.

It left me.I had it 2 months ago.Guess it depends on time of usage and taper.I started tapering after 2 months of use and tapered for almost 2 years.

I am not good with symptom chronology, but I think it was pretty much constant for close to 2? years. I have recurrences of the irritability, but they are now relatively brief and controllable.

It's not normal for it to last a decade and from your signature, I can see it's not your experience.

The suggestion that he'll feel like that for a decade is just plain wrong. There are horror stories but I have never seen an example of someone battling rage for more than a decade post withdrawal, when they never had anger issues before.

Good advice and comment from Diaz.

He sure saves me a lot of texting..!! -AND people can understand what he writes.. :( / :)

Love you too Diaz..

:)

Sorry, not much on anger from me.. I got some pre meds (from pot and sugar “WD”), a bit on high med doses/ill and smashed up, etc.. And some moments from discontinuation when things are pretty bad..

Going from that it would seem that its mainly just when im feeling really unwell, but I feel Its more a specific “neurochemistry” imbalance.. -No idea what though...

God it can come on quick and have an irrational life of its own..!! -Then pooof, its gone.. Its a different thing to say, when anger/frustration builds from an event, ie. teenager stress or crappy drivers etc..

I imagine my particular meds play their own role too, perhaps in an “advantageous” kinda way.. Obviously not without vast disadvantage to my body though.. :(

I do wonder if anyone has noticed a connection to GI health (or more, lack of it)..??

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]