Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam

[Mi...]

I am on clonazepam 0.5 mg I have been on it for several years now. I recently started having issues with some of medications and was taken off of one of them.  I have now decided that I want to come off of the clonazepam  and see how my anxiety really is. I am on 0.5 mg 1 tablet 2 times daily as needed for anxiety. But I have only taken the clonazepam. I have  recently broken my 2 tablets down to  half a tablet 4 times a day but I am having withdrawals and I am rethinking the 4 half tablets a day. I was just recently in the hospital and they said I was weaning myself off of the clonazepam to quickly.  My Doctor is now trying to put me on buspar and have me take 0.25 mg of clonazepam 3 times daily.  I need help the last thing I want to do is die from a medication that should have never been a dependent medication.

MightyMan81:

Welcome to BB! Its great that you want to be med free and it is also encouraging to know that some medical professionals are benzowise enough to know you are tapering too quickly. You will not die from these meds, but tapering slowly is less of a shock to your system and is safer.

We recommend only 10% reductions over every two weeks. some people choose to switch to a liquid taper as it is easier to more accurately reduce rather than cutting pills.

Please familiarize yourself with the Ashton Manual as it gives good information on benzo tapering and recovery.

The Ashton Manual

Also, taper plans to consider:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

This is a board you may find helpful as well:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Many people have recovered form Benzo use and you can too!

Here to support you on your journey:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]