Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Allergy appointment

[Go...]

I see the allergist tomorrow and I know they are going to want to hand out medication. I hate all

Medication, but I don’t know what to do. My throat has been swelling after some foods and just being around chemicals. I’ve eliminated a bunch of foods already. I’ve avoided Benadryl etc, but I’m sure they will prescribe a epi-pen since I have had some pretty serious reactions already. Anyone been to a allergist since you jumped off Benzos? I’ve been off 31 months already.

hi, i'm so sorry you're suffering so badly, look up LDA treatment, it's new and supposedly very safe, i've been reading up on it myself and thinking about trying it, it looks very promising from everything i've read.

The doctor can't force you to take anything that he prescribes. You could go to the doctor, see what they have to offer, if it's only pills that you won't take then move on. I hope you will get a breakthrough in managing your symptoms. I believe that one day in the not too distant future, you won't be dealing with these health crises due to the benzo withdrawal.

Man I am praying this is not my forever. The allergy dr prescribed me a epi pen. They did bloodwork and are testing for 24 allergies. I’ve never had any allergies in my life, so this has been really hard to cope with. I miss chocolate And steak so much. I’ve been vegetarian before for a year, but it was by choice and I wasn’t forced into it. It’s hard when you can’t control it.

All of my allergy tests came back negative. Withdrawl is weird guys seriously weird.

What did they test you on? Is histimine included?  Cytokine level is what I think playing a big role

Man I am praying this is not my forever. The allergy dr prescribed me a epi pen. They did bloodwork and are testing for 24 allergies. I’ve never had any allergies in my life, so this has been really hard to cope with. I miss chocolate And steak so much. I’ve been vegetarian before for a year, but it was by choice and I wasn’t forced into it. It’s hard when you can’t control it.

I have a feeling the doctor told you to use Epipen only if you have severe, life-threatening symptoms. That's what it is for and not for every day use. Doctors prescribe it just to be on the safe side. Not a big deal.

I have a feeling the doctor told you to use Epipen only if you have severe, life-threatening symptoms. That's what it is for and not for every day use. Doctors prescribe it just to be on the safe side. Not a big deal.

Oh I know. She told me not to use it unless there was a severe reaction. I never filled the prescription for it.

All of my allergy tests came back negative. Withdrawl is weird guys seriously weird.

What did they test you on? Is histimine included?  Cytokine level is what I think playing a big role

They checked to see if there was mast cell release and for 24 different foods I was having reactions too. Everything came back normal or negative.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]