Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Back Pain...Anyone Else?

[Ho...]

I have been having some really acute back pain lately. Mostly in the middle of my back, generally on the left side. Just standing is a challenge. It feels muscular but I haven’t had any trauma, haven’t wrenched my back or anything like that. It just sorta popped up (kinda like all the wonderful BWD sxs).

Anybody else experience this?  If so,  it go away eventually?

Best wishes and healing thoughts to all!

I have had constant low back pain since I tapered. My MRI was negative. I'll take the back pain over the 24/7 vertigo and tinnitus though. How is yours these days? Improved at all? Wishing you better days ahead.

Thanks for the reply tidefan!

Still working through the heart stuff...It doesn’t appear to be my heart but perhaps a reaction of my heart from other factors (Protracted BWD). Still have pretty severe tinnitus but the dizzy vertigo has gotten better lately. Now this back pain has showed up. I’ve had it before but never this bad and for this long. It’s almost as one symptom leaves, another takes it’s place. Ugh!

Hope you get some relief soon!

Hi... I’ve posted about this several times! I am almost 11 months off and a little over 2 months ago I started getting this awful pain and tension right in the middle of my back. And it lasted for about 2 months. It was super weird! Hope yours lets up like mine did! Wishing you the best!

Hi... I’ve posted about this several times! I am almost 11 months off and a little over 2 months ago I started getting this awful pain and tension right in the middle of my back. And it lasted for about 2 months. It was super weird! Hope yours lets up like mine did! Wishing you the best!

Thank you for the reply Cruelsummer!  Glad to hear yours is felling better!

Mine feels muscular in nature. I notice it most while standing or riding in the car. Laying down isn’t too bad.

Hoping it will pass as yours did!

Best wishes!

Hopper,

Ive had on and off back pain over the last 6 months. I bought a device off amazon that you lay on to stretch your back. It helps me. It also stretches my chest muscles and provides some temporary relief from my chest pain.

Hope you feel better soon,

Fp

Whole back, neck, shoulders, face, jaw, legs, abdomen, chest , arms are contracted, rigid, agony like any muscle that dodn’t atrophy has turned to jerky.

Was on Benzos for spinal/muscle stuff but not this.

Hopper,

Ive had on and off back pain over the last 6 months. I bought a device off amazon that you lay on to stretch your back. It helps me. It also stretches my chest muscles and provides some temporary relief from my chest pain.

Hope you feel better soon,

Fp

Thanks for the reply FP!  I’m working on some stretching and massage techniques now. Hopefully it will give me some relief!

Best wishes!

Whole back, neck, shoulders, face, jaw, legs, abdomen, chest , arms are contracted, rigid, agony like any muscle that dodn’t atrophy has turned to jerky.

Was on Benzos for spinal/muscle stuff but not this.

I’m sorry to hear you are still having a rough time of it Ajusta!

I hope you get some relief soon!

I had extreme back pain first time in withdrawal.....back pain that went into my shoulders and up my neck into my head.......this time, I have what I think is muscle pain under my right breast with tingling and a feeling of heat, very disturbing as it comes and goes in severity, especially bad when wearing a bra and does, on occasion radiate to my middle back and shoulders.  Have had an xray and nothing shows......this is my second withdrawal as put back on Benzos in the hospital for surgery and to bring blood pressure down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]