Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is it?

[Ic...]

So, there are days where I am not necessarily in pain, but I feel AWFUL and sickly. It feels like a minor flu or severe allergies; what is this feeling? I am tired, feel foggy head, and just have this overwhelmingly awful groggy feeling all over me. Also, loss of appetite.

On another topic, anyone here have to also withdrawal or limit caffeine or another substance? How is that going? I am wondering if a lot of my symptoms are due to that.

Icy, I called it "benzo flu". A rotten malaise-y feeling all over my body. Ugh. It was awful. I felt like my head was stuffed with styrofoam and old newspapers. And I was so fatigued I felt wiped out walking upstairs. I had zero appetite, and such rotten nausea that I lost 40 pounds. (Fortunately, thanks to Tillamook Chocolate Chip ice cream the pounds later came back  ::))

As for caffeine, I stopped drinking coffee on my taper as I didn't want another substance in my body complicating things. I also stopped drinking my meager 1 glass of wine with dinner for the same reason.

It's a miserable rotten road we all walk(ed). I feel for you,

:smitten:

Katz

thank you for the response, katz! Sometimes I just feel so wimpy and lazy because although when I describe it, it doesn't sound too bad, it is a miserable feeling.

I have those exact symptoms as well. I pretty much feel rough all the time these days with a few windows thrown in. Hopefully, that will improve.

[0f...]

On another topic, anyone here have to also withdrawal or limit caffeine or another substance? How is that going? I am wondering if a lot of my symptoms are due to that.

In getting off of coffee I had completely lost anxiety. I was never a smoker, but since nicotine is stimulant it would probably be a good idea to drop that as well.

Icy: oregonkatz sums it up nicely... we all go through it and it likes to revisit here and there as we go along. But know if you cut out other things you're going to feel a touch crappy for a bit too. I had cut out all caffeine for a very long time bc my cortisol washout of this world. Lately I have been able to have two sips of it around mid morning..but no more than that for me. It helps with the brain fog a bit - but thats just me. There was no way I could have touched it even a month ago. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]