Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finally doing something need advice!

[De...]

So I’ve had a sore throat pretty much consistently since July first, I think my tonsils are infected I’m going to call my GP and ask for a antibiotic to see if it clears up.. is amoxicillin okay to ask for ?? Did anyone have issues with it??

hey, if no one answers you, search the antibiotic in forums and see if anyone has discussed it. I often use the search rather than post. Def search before taking it! There has to be info out there.

hey, if no one answers you, search the antibiotic in forums and see if anyone has discussed it. I often use the search rather than post. Def search before taking it! There has to be info out there.

Okay I will! Honestly if I could just get rid of the throat stuff ALL of it and shortness of breath I wouldn’t be to bad.

ANTIBIOTICS:

DO NOT TAKE ANY ANTIBIOTIC THAT IS IN THE FLOUROQUINOLONE FAMILY. These usually have "flox" in the name-levafloxacin (Levaquin), ciprofloxacin (Cipro), ect. This family of antibiotics cause a SEVERE adverse reaction when taken with benzodiazepines.

Added information and noted contraindications:

I found this info. on the Benzo Recovery and Existence Facebook forum that I belong to. 

[8b...]
Same as Tallgolfer. Stay away of Flouquinolones!!!!. Write the name down and ask the doctor if what he is prescribing belongs to this kind of antibiotics family. If he insist I would go to another the doctor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]