Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Unresponsive Hand

[Ha...]

Now this is weird and has just freaked me out.

I've been getting numb arms and hands occasionally at night, bit uncomfortable, but not a big deal. BUT I've just woken up, and my left hand was not just numb, but dead. I mean it was just flopping around end the end of my arm, couldn't move my wrist etc. Took about 5 mins before any sort of feeling returned. (Long enough to freak me out)

WTF is that all about? Anyone else ever have anything like that?

AD yes, I reinstated Val @ 2mths for a quick 2 week taper after ending up in the ER which did help, but couldn't taper properly cos it was making me too ill

This freaking sx occurs to me on and off some times hands, others entire body and anywhere really. I call it paralysis or motor improvement

It's definitely a strange 1. Don't know what would happen if I didn't wake up and try to get the circulation back.

Anyway no point dwelling on it, there's worse sx

Me too, just in my arms/hands, though I have other different neuropathy in other places..

Im also very glad I wake from it, and I have worked out its atleast inpart due to position.. -an elbow or wrist thats bent a little beyond relaxed, or a shoulder thats a bit awkward...

I also wonder if oxygen levels are in play too, but I have nothing to support that or dismiss it.. -I tend to be a bit “air hungry” at the best of times these days..

:)

Me too, just in my arms/hands, though I have other different neuropathy in other places..

Im also very glad I wake from it, and I have worked out its atleast inpart due to position.. -an elbow or wrist thats bent a little beyond relaxed, or a shoulder thats a bit awkward...

I also wonder if oxygen levels are in play too, but I have nothing to support that or dismiss it.. -I tend to be a bit “air hungry” at the best of times these days..

I was thinking the same about the wrists or elbows, or perhaps tensing my arm muscles because plenty of anxiety dreams last night too

I was thinking the same about the wrists or elbows, or perhaps tensing my arm muscles because plenty of anxiety dreams last night too

Yes, I could see that being a possibility too.. I dont think so for me, -but thats neither here nor there..

Its def. worse the more WD im in, and not med specific (for me)..

Anyways, -another thing that will heal..

Oh how I hated those dreams... Thankfully its been ages since I had one (touch wood).. Very benzo for me, much different from the opiate dreams in that way..

Hope you get back to good dreams soon..

My thumb on my right hand went numb for a couple of weeks. Kinda freaked me out but I thought it was from wd so I really didn’t worry about it too much. Since 100 other things came and went already. Some witch seem to keep resurfacing. I would worry too much.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]