Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

I was given propofol today.

[Pa...]

I had a procedure today and was given Propofol. I felt fine until about three hours later and now I feel like I got the flu. I did some research and most people are ok afterwards. I didn’t really find any horror stories. Thank god!! I did read that some people get flu symptoms for a day or so. I’m gonna say this is what I have. Has anyone else had this?

On a positive note, I had listed allergies to Benzodiazepines. The doctor, anesthesiologists, and all the nurses asked why. I told them I am in protracted withdrawals and all of them either commented or said something about that being a real thing. That felt awesome. Maybe the medical community can change.

I had propofol for a colonoscopy a few months ago and felt horrible afterward with vomiting and terrible chills.  A nurse told me this was a know reaction to propofol and suggested I make sure to drink plenty of water. I felt better by the end of the day.  Personally, I'll risk a one time dose of benzo next time.

Sorry you're going through this.

Good to know about the propofol...seeing I'm due for a colonoscopy when I feel like going :)

Packy...hopefully word is getting out about benzo problems:)

hope this passes soon - keep us posted!

Trina I fell better. It was 24 hrs of feeling like I was back in acute. But all is well now. One night of bad sleep, but last night I slept like a rock. Good luck.

• Please Donate

Donations help fund our recurring webhosting and software licencing fees, and will aid the development of new withdrawal and taper utilities for our members.

Donate with PayPal button

• Popular Now