Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I was given propofol today.

[Pa...]

I had a procedure today and was given Propofol. I felt fine until about three hours later and now I feel like I got the flu. I did some research and most people are ok afterwards. I didn’t really find any horror stories. Thank god!! I did read that some people get flu symptoms for a day or so. I’m gonna say this is what I have. Has anyone else had this?

On a positive note, I had listed allergies to Benzodiazepines. The doctor, anesthesiologists, and all the nurses asked why. I told them I am in protracted withdrawals and all of them either commented or said something about that being a real thing. That felt awesome. Maybe the medical community can change.

I had propofol for a colonoscopy a few months ago and felt horrible afterward with vomiting and terrible chills.  A nurse told me this was a know reaction to propofol and suggested I make sure to drink plenty of water. I felt better by the end of the day.  Personally, I'll risk a one time dose of benzo next time.

Sorry you're going through this.

Good to know about the propofol...seeing I'm due for a colonoscopy when I feel like going :)

Packy...hopefully word is getting out about benzo problems:)

hope this passes soon - keep us posted!

Trina I fell better. It was 24 hrs of feeling like I was back in acute. But all is well now. One night of bad sleep, but last night I slept like a rock. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]