Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

At what point

[De...]

Mine has been up and down since I started tapering. I dropped about 30 pounds early on down to 150 and gained back 20 of that and now I’m dropping again. My personal care broke my scale so I can’t tell you exactly how much I weigh but my belly is a lot smaller than it was. I’m 6’1 so 150 pounds is close to the concern zone but not quite there yet.

I just let my body do what it’s gonna do and don’t worry about it. I’m hungry all the time, I crave things that are bad for me, and I just let my body have what it wants because when I fight my body it makes it harder to fight my mind.

When I quit last time I gained 30 lbs. Your metabolism should pick up, not slow down during taper. Benzo's lower the activity of your Central Nervous System when you are on them. For whatever reason I was always hungry. I did not use THC at the time. But like the post above..I found life easier not fighting cravings so much. It is hard for me to find physical motivation for exercise but daily walks really help keep things in check. That and water.

I dropped from a fit 190 to 140 and am now an unfit 185.  After my overpowering nasty sense of taste and smell reduced I got some appetite back.  When I got past the worst of the constipation I started not being so scared of eating and actually felt hungry again.  Also the reduction of cortisol surges seemed to really amplify my hunger for some reason.

I dropped from a fit 235/240 to a very unfit 190lbs I'm concerned but it seems common in this process plus I'm consuming a 1/3 of the calories I used too...food just makes me anxious for some reason now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]