Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scale

[AP...]

What type of scale and level of precision is required for tapering with one? When I eventually taper my SSRI I would like to do it that way. Can anyone recommend one?

Avoid the Gemini-20. I know many people swear by it but it’s the most finicky piece of crap I have ever used. If you do decide to get it, get the Smart Weigh GEM20 because it has an actual weighing platform instead the American Weigh that has a tiny tab and a weighing tray that has to sit on top of it.

A step up from that one is the Jennings JSVG20. It reliably measures +/-2 mg and still less than $100.

If you want to be absolutely sure you’re getting the dose right, AD&D’s EJ-123 can be found for around $350 new.

Check eBay though. Sometimes you can find analytical balances for cheap. I got a Denver Instruments semi-micro (accurate to +/- .1mg) for like $250. I miss that thing...

You need one that measures out to thousandths of a gram. Example .185. Buy one off ebay for 20$. Also buy a nail file to shave then weigh your pill dosage. You are talking minuscule amounts out to .001 so just get the pill as close as possible. Most pills have small weight differences UNCUT.

Here is the one I use:

20g x 0.001g High Precision Digital Scale 1mg Portable Jewelry Scale,6 units

If you're located in the US, you can get 2mg/mL citalopram liquid. 

My partner is using it to taper from 40 mg.  His current dose is 34 mg, so he takes three 10-mg tablets and 2 mL of the liquid using a 3 mL oral syringe.

Here in mid-Missouri, it costs $44 for 90 ml.  Very convenient and works seamlessly--no transition period needed. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]