Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

chest pain i'm scared

[Ni...]

hi guys,

i'm almost 20 months off benzo but since a week i feel extreme chest pain so much so that I fear disease

like lung cancer I know this is unlikely because I'm only 29 years old but the pain is so bad that my anxiety gets worse.

I have had a lot of pain in my upper body and legs since tapering off but since last week the chest pain i so extreme that i am really scared.

please does anyone recognize this?

I had really bad chest pain for years and it turned out that my sternum to ribcage joints were inflamed.  No treatment, just eventually went away.  With all the joint inflammation benzos cause it could be a possibility. 

[05...]

You have to define if it is really pain or tightens. If you don't feel dizziness, nausea or arm numbness, it is more likely anxiety. I feel that some times. Mostly on the left side and it may go also to my back. Try to breath deep and check if it diminished when you slowly exhale. If it gets less tight or you feel less pain that's for sure muscle tightness due to anxiety. Take a hot/cold shower and see if you get better. It works for me.

Mice

I had chest pain so severe, it would take the legs out from under me. I had every test in the book and nothing. For me, it was a symptom, but we should check things like this out where we can.

m

I had horrific chest pain for months so bad I had every test and had to constantly use a heat pack. Dr said possibly costochronditis which is inflammation of ribs as a buddie already mentioned. I’ve read a few times people ended up with that diagnosis when nothing else shows in tests x 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]