Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mental torture

[he...]

why do I keep having “visions” or thoughts of horrible things happening to the people I love the most in life? I can’t take this anymore it’s mental torture. I think I am going insane. I am terrified, I am not who I used to be anymore and I doubt I’ll ever get there again. I don’t know if this is WD anymore, I just know this all started when I stopped benzos.

I had this HWH.  It's frightening I know. 

I think it falls under "intrusive thoughts" and associated with anxiety.  It is a well documented withdrawal symptom.  Mine has lessened (a lot) at 18 months.  Now only occasionally. 

D x

why do I keep having “visions” or thoughts of horrible things happening to the people I love the most in life? I can’t take this anymore it’s mental torture. I think I am going insane. I am terrified, I am not who I used to be anymore and I doubt I’ll ever get there again. I don’t know if this is WD anymore, I just know this all started when I stopped benzos.

So sorry about how your.I deeply relate. The only thing that tried to help during that dark time is mindfulness. Hard as it seems I guess is the only thing you can do.Look for mindfulness of thoughts and feelings by John Kabat-zin on YouTube. Hope I'm of help somehow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]