Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Mental torture

[he...]

why do I keep having “visions” or thoughts of horrible things happening to the people I love the most in life? I can’t take this anymore it’s mental torture. I think I am going insane. I am terrified, I am not who I used to be anymore and I doubt I’ll ever get there again. I don’t know if this is WD anymore, I just know this all started when I stopped benzos.

I had this HWH.  It's frightening I know. 

I think it falls under "intrusive thoughts" and associated with anxiety.  It is a well documented withdrawal symptom.  Mine has lessened (a lot) at 18 months.  Now only occasionally. 

D x

why do I keep having “visions” or thoughts of horrible things happening to the people I love the most in life? I can’t take this anymore it’s mental torture. I think I am going insane. I am terrified, I am not who I used to be anymore and I doubt I’ll ever get there again. I don’t know if this is WD anymore, I just know this all started when I stopped benzos.

So sorry about how your.I deeply relate. The only thing that tried to help during that dark time is mindfulness. Hard as it seems I guess is the only thing you can do.Look for mindfulness of thoughts and feelings by John Kabat-zin on YouTube. Hope I'm of help somehow.

• Please Donate

Donations help fund our recurring webhosting and software licencing fees, and will aid the development of new withdrawal and taper utilities for our members.

Donate with PayPal button

• Popular Now