Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why bother...fear of setbacks...

[ec...]

[ec...]

I wish I would be much more positive...

But today I feel so much like...how can I push and try to stay positive when setbacks can happen...I am just in one...

I don't feel the courage and great attitude to do this for years.

We have family, work, friends, life...

How can I manage all this knowing that a setback can occur at anytime to put me back here...

Just venting...feeling so discouraged...

Do I have to stay positive to heal?

Do I have to stay positive to heal?

Well, the good thing about healing is it happens no matter what attitude you have, the only thing a good attitude will do for you is make the journey a little bit better.  It's tough to be positive I know, I was a mess but it's important to not give in to the fear and doom for the sake of your well being.  Focusing on the positive rather than the negative has been found in real life situations to help promote better health outcomes so for your sake, I hope you'll find a way to see the progress you've made.

Could you add a signature so we can see your history, I'm not sure if you're still tapering or benzo free. Add your history/signature 

Following because I feel the same. I've been in a terrible mood and am terrified. I just feel awful.

Ajusta, is this true? I'm afraid of investing in a home or new car because I can get sick years or months from now putting my job in jeopardy.

Pamster, I hope this is true. I have the worst "woe, is me" attitude. I'm whiny, hateful, and over analyzing.

Can I ask what set you back? I'm just dealing with a setback from magnesium at the moment, feels like it's coming to an end but then again I thought that last week.... Why is it such a rollercoaster... sigh

me too - feeling same way. Sigh!  so frustrated that this is still oing on a yr later.  I'm sick of being so sensitive and fragile and careful.  I fear this is it with healing and this is what I hjave to deal with forever now.

[ec...]

Well I am just 2 months of the ad...

I just magickly  (sorry for my mispells I am french) thought that since I did a 26 months taper that it would be smoother...Guess not...

3 years in the benzo world...soooo...no words......

Si sorry for not beinga badass

Peppermint I am a teacher too...I have to work partime now...I couldn't the first two years...I just hope I Will be strong enough to do it...but please don't compare to me I was pretty sick...you will be ok...

Yes it is true.

The majority of ppl do not have set backs once they are fully healed.

Ppl can have waves quite a long way out as far as I can tell but those are different from setbacks which I take to mean being completely healed from WD and then, for what ever reason, suddenly being back in it.

Yes it is true.

The majority of ppl do not have set backs once they are fully healed.

Ppl can have waves quite a long way out as far as I can tell but those are different from setbacks which I take to mean being completely healed from WD and then, for what ever reason, suddenly being back in it.

This is what I've observed as well, once we completely recover, we stay that way and believe me, I knew without a doubt when I was completely healed and have never once felt a resurgence of symptoms. 

NO, you don't have tasty positive to heal, and there's a difference between a set back (reinstating and I would say, alcohol consumption, weed, other drugs) and a wave. A wave feels louse but is actually a positive thing. Your brain is healing, as long as you don't go poking at it. Yeah, I hear you, I'm in a bad wave myself. It's awful, and boring and painful, and painfully redundant but it's the only way out of this mess, and what we want more than anything else is out. I have learned one thing for certain from reinstating all the times I have: it gets harder and you only end up exactly where you wanted to get out of so might as well or through it and get it done. this is my last rodeo. I know that, because I'm in what caused me to reinstate in the past and it's completely out of the question. Once this is over and you're "back", you will hardly remember this. Strange, but true, and I don't mean that theoretically or emotionally I mean it'll be hard to conjure up the details. It'll end, for all of us, but yeah, it's bloody awful. All that said, while you don't have to be positive to heal, stressing only makes the symptoms more severe so it's best to ignore them as much as possible, as impossible as that may seem.

m

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]