Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hives

[...]

Has anyone else had trouble with hives? I don't usually get them. I did a cut of Xanax a few days ago and had a rough few days. I've been very stressed out and have been getting migraines which is typical for me when I'm stressed. The hives showed up yesterday. I've got a phone appointment with my doctor but I wondered if anyone here has had trouble with them while tapering?

[61...]

I just had them once.  I took an Allegra and they vanished.  Benadryl's another good choice.

Sorry you're getting hit with them.

Thanks, my doc has me on Claritin and benydryl and if they don't get better, Prednisone. I'm hoping not to take the prednisolone because it makes me extremely anxious. I don't know what caused the hives but I think the stress of this taper is a factor.

Yes, had hives several times. Benadryl helped. I took the children’s dose ( purple grape dissolve tabs because I am sensitive to meds) and it helped. I also switched to a low histamine diet and researched a lot about histamine intolerance. You can google both if you’re interested. It helped me. Best wishes- missy

Yes, had hives several times. Benadryl helped. I took the children’s dose ( purple grape dissolve tabs because I am sensitive to meds) and it helped. I also switched to a low histamine diet and researched a lot about histamine intolerance. You can google both if you’re interested. It helped me. Best wishes- missy

Thanks! I also use the kids dose of Benadryl. I will definitely look into the low histamine diet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]