Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I Have a Story for You...

[Ic...]

Oh my Benzo Buddies, you won't believe what I heard today. Actually, you will...I have a friend who is having severe nervous system issues, and since the doctors can't figure out what is wrong with her, she has been called "crazy," and has been prescribed every psych drug and benzo under the planet. Seriously. She has bottles of Lamictal, Seroqual, Xanax, Klonopin, Activan, Ambien, Gabapentin, and so many more. Well, she just told me that her doctor told her that she can't become addicted to Klonopin or suffer withdrawals because it leaves the body too fast! LEAVES THE BODY TOO FAST; can you believe that?! No wonder people are so sick!

Doesn't medical school take 8 years? What are they teaching psychiatrists? That's unreal. I've been to a lot too who don't understand. Luckily my current one understands it

Luckily, she has heard me talk about it that she knew the doctor's explanation didn't make sense. I am curious if the doctor was referring to the half life? Because a short half life would lead to addiction more so than a longer half life. I heard somewhere that Klonopin was one of the more potent benzos too.

IcyPeppermint112 That's so shocking to read. Where did that doctor got his diploma? Online? Even the ones in my eastern European country are not that irresponsible. One mg of Klonopin or Xanax have approximately the power of 20 mg of Valium (diazepam). And why both? And Ativan and Ambien too!?!  Your friend needs a new doctor ASAP.

Edit: members request

Sigh... That's depressing but I can't say I'm surprised. I've had doctors say the dumbest things to me. I do think that doctors believe it to be less addictive than Xanax because of the longer half life but honestly, they are all potent and addictive.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]