Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Second day Cold Turkey

[Be...]

I have been prescribed temazepam after the early death of my husband. I recently began self medicating. I have no Temazepam left and am in the second day without them- cold turkey.

Hello Beyond1 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you joined us.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I'm also sorry you're in a bind with your supply of temazepam running out.  Can you tell us more about how long you took it and what the doses were?

If it turns out it would make sense for you to reinstate so you can start a slow, gradual taper can you get a prescription for more temazepam?

You'll find good information and support here from a community of members who understand what this process is like, including quitting cold turkey.

This is site is a lifeline for many of us coping with benzo withdrawal.  The support can make a profound difference.

Please explore the site and feel free to post. 

As you explore the site please take a look at The Ashton Manual a resource on benzo withdrawal - there's a list of many common withdrawal symptoms in ch. III.

You may want to start a thread on one of these boards with questions about your situation: 

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you're here. 

With much sympathy for your loss,

Brighterday  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]