Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have never used Benzo, i dont consider to take it, but my anxiety sucks..

[ju...]

Hi guys. As you see my signature, i have never used a benzo, but my anxiety after last year quitting 3 drugs for a 15 days usage sucks. It has been 15 months. I was messed up with ADs and hospitalized with my self-wish. They gave me 5 drugs there. I quit modiwake and lustral after 2 or 3 days, then quit Lamictal 100, Trintellix 10 and Remeron 15 after 15 days. My WD was bad somehow unbearable such that i only had anx., Light DP/DR. Even my sleep was ok.

For the sake of curing anxiety, i started Rem 15 and started immediately tapering. Then, people here on Rem group warned me to stop tapering and so did i. But, the anx. hasnt soothed somehow although i have come from 11 mg to 9 mg in 1 year.Thankfully, i dont have any remarkable sx apart from anxiety, but anxiety is persistent and debilitiating.

BB was the only support in those days for understanding WD. Then i found SA and some other facebook groups, but i have never benefited them as much as BB.

I have tried Mag and didnt work, and now trying to soothe it Vit C and Niacin combo. It is almost all day. The last one month has been a real challange. I am hopeful about the fact that my only sx is anxiety, i find some solace that i havent been damaged permanently for this condition. If i had permanent damage, there would be some others.

How can i tackle this anxiety and how did you? I am eating healthy, holding when anx. is too much etc. Thanks

PS: Please dont adress SA or any other things. BB has been a huge support source for me always. At the end, all of these drugs are brain altering with the exceptiom of benzo's tolerance.

Please evaluate every aspect of your life that could be causing anxiety and do whatever you can to help yourself naturally.  Look at the food you eat.  Is it processed or "junk food"?  How much sugar is in the food consume?  How much caffeine do you drink?  Do you use tobacco?  Do you exercise?  Do you need to change to a less stressful job?  I am sure there are many more things to consider.

Taking a benzo has ruined my life.  Do whatever you can to help yourself naturally.  I wish I would have.  A change in lifestyle and diet can make a huge difference in one's overall wellbeing. 

Take care and good luck. 

[51...]
Whatever you do, I wouldn't take a benzo (or phenibut, or gabapentin, or pregabalin, or any other GABAergic drug). It may bring temporary and short-lasting reprieve, but at a price of long-lasting suffering. For me, the best ways to deal with depression and anxiety were change in attitude (i.e. to simply stop caring for anything other than my health and wellbeing -- job, people, whatever causes you anxiety change it), diet (no stimulants, that is products containing xanthines, such as cocoa or coffee, or nicotine), and physical training. Of course, I still worry about the future given that I'm dealing with acute benzo withdrawal not on my own terms (had a terrible antidepressant caused setback and a huge rescue dose right at the end of my taper), but it's different beast altogether than what was before. In many ways it is worse, but it is chemical not endogenous.

I do love you diaz and all WDers, but when the anx. is constant, taking breaths all the day isnt a proper solution, but i am doing.

Runner and pacenik. I got you very well. Thankfully, i dont need to do things you count. Because, i am already doing. I have a job which requires discipline, but my managers dont assault me at least although i cant say they are very good people. So i cant say my job is so stressful. We pay the bill only to our manager, there is no customers or public relations. If i do job my enough, there is no problem. I told my tapering and problems them too.

Foods. I eat healthy. I must eat healthy. The day i started remeron one year ago, i even stopped tomatoes, i dont count the alcohol, nicotin as i dont take already.

I am meditating. Even if intense anxiety cuts it sometimes and i throw the headphone. The only thing i dont do is exercise and swaying. Do you have a excersie suggestion, because i dont want to be triggered by an exercise.

Dudes, i cant describe my chemical anxiety. It has been 15 months after hospital. Less or more, but always there. I dont know benzo acute anxiety. But, even many CTers from benzo report some healing after many months. In my case, i could stay functional even after quitting 3 drugs after 15 day. But, in these days, it threats my functionality. 15 months full of suffering with the exceptions of 3 or 4 days reliefs. The longest one was 1 week and it was amazing in this April. If i get total of them the result may be 15.

I said myself always "this is a wave". But i see this one is a real wave.Because it threatens my functionality.I am trying Vit C and Niacin combo suggested by a kind member. If that doesnt work i ll add Taurin, and if that doesnt eithet, i ll cut all the supps and agree to suffering until it ends. But it is hard. Btw, i tried mag forms, they didnt work.

In spite of the things that i wrote, if you have a suggestion or want to give some morale, do please. I need so much. Because cortisol rushes and my face nerves are making me crazy. Thanks, x

[51...]

In spite of the things that i wrote, if you have a suggestion or want to give some morale, do please. I need so much. Because cortisol rushes and my face nerves are making me crazy. Thanks, x

It's so hard to actually find a doctor that knows and understands physiological processes behind it all. Most just deal with symptoms (hence this symptom - that drug syndrome). You could try L-theanine. If it doesn't make you worse, long term usage of L-theanine ought to downregulate NDMA receptors (which, of course, may not be a reason you have anxiety at all, it is benzo users that have downregulated GABAA receptors and upregulated NDMA receptors, and you are not a benzo user).

I presume you have been thoroughly checked for things like Thyroid, parathyroid, heat function, dysautonomia etc that can cause anxiety

hence this symptom - that drug syndrome). You could try L-theanine. If it doesn't make you worse, long term usage of L-theanine ought to downregulate NDMA receptors (which, of course, may not be a reason you have anxiety at all, it is benzo users that have downregulated GABAA receptors and upregulated NDMA receptors, and you are not a benzo user).

What does that mean?Could you please clearify more?

I presume you have been thoroughly checked for things like Thyroid, parathyroid, heat function, dysautonomia etc that can cause anxiety

Assume that my values were checked and found high. What will be done after that? Using throid hormones or some drugs?

Are you still on the Remeron? Because that may be the cause of the anxiety. Your anxiety can be a chemical imbalance caused by the drugs. I don't just throw those terms around lightly; it happened to me. Being on Lamictal and other psychs caused severe anxiety in me for months. Anxiety I never experienced before. I'm a teacher and I would start to shake and go light headed when the students were too loud. This unfortunately led me to try Buspar and then benzos when I had a paradoxical effect from the drugs. I would recommend going to an endocrinologist and get your blood checked thoroughly. Something may be out of whack. If you're just experiencing anxiety, no matter how bad it is, I wouldn't take anymore psych drugs, because you may be jumping from the fish pan into the fire.

Assume that my values were checked and found high. What will be done after that? Using throid hormones or some drugs?

If the symptoms are caused by a specific medical issue then you would have to find a way to treat them wouldn’t you?

Yep, unfortunately i am still on Remeron and I cant CT. I suppose you wrote those you assume i am off the meds, bur not that.it has been 15 months to quit 3 drugs after 15 days. Two months later i started and it has been 13 months. There is nothing to do apart from holding...

I have never taken Remeron, but a lot of people on BB have serious issues with it. So, I would say to not add any more meds and to consider that the Remeron is to blame for the anxiety. Maybe get a therapist to help you with anxiety until you're able to get off Remeron? I suggested an endocrinologist because I plan on doing that soon. However, I guess it doesn't really matter if you're not planning on taking any more meds; I know I'm not. I just want to see what my numbers and all that are at.

Is there a reason you don't eat tomatoes?

I cant blame Remeron, i cant blame anything anymore. Because it does harm me to blame anything. So there is only one thing that i can do is slowly tapering it. Remeron isnt the culprit of my situation, sudden changes that i did in the nearpast is the main culprit. Of course i would be in a better condition if i didnt start it, but it doesnt make sense.

Remeron is acting like antihistamin agent, so tomatoes was just an example to stop histamin foods. Thats all my story. Thank you. Wish i was med free too.

If you have histamine issues that in itself can cause anxiety as I’m sure you know.

Did you have those before?

Any dysautonomia?

If you have histamine issues that in itself can cause anxiety as I’m sure you know.

Did you have those before?

Any dysautonomia?

I had had no issiues before WD. So, there is no histamin issues. I am conscious about the risks of histamin triggering foods while taking remeron. Thanks a lot. I think i am paying the bill of abrupted drugs. It has been 15 months and i think i have still a way to go.

I assume you've looked at the Anxiety board?  There is a ton of good tips for managing anxiety.  Many of the things that will help you are simple.  Things like gentle exercise, 4-7-8 breathing, yoga, meditation, positive visualization, staying hydrated, distraction, positive affirmations, etc - on their own may not seem to help significantly.  but in the aggregate they make the difference. Also, the benefits accrue as you practice calming techniques regularly. It can take some time.

I assume you've looked at the Anxiety board?  There is a ton of good tips for managing anxiety.  Many of the things that will help you are simple.  Things like gentle exercise, 4-7-8 breathing, yoga, meditation, positive visualization, staying hydrated, distraction, positive affirmations, etc - on their own may not seem to help significantly.  but in the aggregate they make the difference. Also, the benefits accrue as you practice calming techniques regularly. It can take some time.

Do you have a supp. suggestion to cut it a little bit?

Do you mean a supplement?  We generally don't advise supplements because they can seem to help at first (or not) and turn out to cause problems later. It can muddy the waters. 

That being said, I personally drank a lot of chamomile tea when I was in the thick of withdrawal and it helped a lot.  There's no consensus on the forum about whether chamomile is okay or not.  Like many things it seems to help some and not others.  I suggest you look into it and make a decision that feels right to you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]