Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Sc...]

Hello. My psychiatrist has had me on lorazepam.5 mgs 3 time daily for 19 months. On 8-12-20 I started feeling weird and more anxious. I felt flushed, tingling, lightheaded,tongue and mouth burning and numbness. I realized it was the lorazepam. I’ve been on it very well for this long. How could this happen? So I called the psychiatrist and told her my symptoms and asked if she could change benzodiazepines. She’s been helpful up to this point. She told me no and to take lexapro and I’d be fine. I’ve been suffering for 3 days now. Nobody believes that I’m going through withdrawals.

Hello Scorpio71 :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am glad you joined the forum.  It is not uncommon for people to reach tolerance to benzos.  When this happens it can cause a host of difficulties.  The only way out can be to keep increasing the dose, or to withdraw at a sensible rate.  Here we generally recommend that members taper off by reducing their dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days, slowly is often the best way to go! Benzodiazepines are only recommended short term, it doesn't take long for the body to become dependent on them.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with this manual, The Ashton Manual.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body. 

I will leave a few links:

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]