Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Vivid Memories

[Ic...]

So, I have posted about this before. During interdose and withdrawal, I have been having vivid reminders or flashbacks of my past. Before when I posted, it was mainly ex-boyfriends, and then that went away for a couple of weeks. But, seeing certain things will bring back memories that I never even knew registered in my subconscious. For instance, today I was watching a tv show and a female character was wearing a plaid skirt. It brought back memories of how when I was little, my mom bought my twin sister and I matching plaid school girl skirts with matching turtleneck sweaters. These memories are almost nonstop and it is really heartbreaking. It is a past I mourn for and didn't even realize I would miss so dearly one day.

Yes, I've had this. Are the memories bringing on anxiety even if there is a good memory?

Like it's a very unpleasant feeling along with the memories?

Yes, it does bring with it anxiety. Mainly because I miss being healthy, happy, and normal and now I feel like I've lost control of my body and mind.

I have been off benzos exactly 2 months and 16 days. When the memories started during interdose withdrawal, I thought I had a tumor because they were so vivid like those described by tumor and cancer patients. Anxiety and unease was so bad that I would cry.

I had this during my taper. It was very uncomfortable and I had to hold at the dose I was at. After a few weeks of this, eventually it did stop and when it did, I felt improved all round. Like, better than I had been in years, since before the benzos and antidepressants. I hope it signals a good spell for you too.

Find the vivid recall of my past life from before I got ill in 1996 very hard to deal with.

The grief is overwhelming.

I can remember exactly who I was and what it felt like to be me before I got ME

I can remember what it felt like to get up and go to work and drive and go out with friends.

My ex’s are there a lot. My dead cat turns up... I hear her bell etc.

I dream that I am back with ex before I  got ill and then wa,e it.

It breaks my heart.

And, as you say everything reminds me of the past.

This is so hard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]