Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pressure in a nose

[Ka...]

Does anybody feel pressure in your nose or throat? I have it right after eating I think it stimulates the trigeminal nerve in my tongue and the stimulation runs through the one in my nose. I also feel agitation there frequently these days. it is like palpitations of the heart and feels pounding pains,too.

Thanks for the respond,Translator. I am overwhelmed with this sensitivities as Just ricking candies causes this issue... Oh short nasal bone? Is it related to this issue?

Thanks for the respond,Translator. I am overwhelmed with this sensitivities as Just ricking candies causes this issue... Oh short nasal bone? Is it related to this issue?

No, that's just my own weird description. "Pressure" is better.  :)

Yes! Does it feel like it is up underneath your nose as well, like a tightness in all the muscles and like it is sort of suffocating you?

Oh ok thank you Translator, and thank everyone for relating to me, I thought it was only me.. Yes it is like choking but not like a stuffed nose. it is sort of pressures from inside my nose...sometimes feel it on the roof of my mouth,too. Sitting makes it worse,so I have to keep standing. I am overwhelmed by that muscles on such parts are affected by this med. 

Yes, in roof of mouth too.

Thanks!

Do you have tightness at base of skull/top of neck and under fin as well?

That feels connected to nose/suffocating feeling for me.

Yes, in roof of mouth too.

Thanks!

Do you have tightness at base of skull/top of neck and under fin as well?

That feels connected to nose/suffocating feeling for me.

Hi Ajusta, Yes I had tightness on top of my neck. as you say it is kind of suffocating. it went away but currently my most of tighten areas are throat and nose. they hinder my breathing.

Yes. Was it at back of neck. Rigid, can’t tip head forward. Being pulled back like skull in wring position and foci g lower jaw forward so teeth in front of upper ones.

Baylissa had very bad throat stiff. She would sip water to prove it wasn’t completely closed.

Mine is bad as well.

Does anybody feel pressure in your nose or throat? I have it right after eating I think it stimulates the trigeminal nerve in my tongue and the stimulation runs through the one in my nose. I also feel agitation there frequently these days. it is like palpitations of the heart and feels pounding pains,too.

I feel pressure in my whole head and often in my nose and face too. Sometimes it is just the face and/or nose. I've had migraine with and without aura on and off - mostly on - for about the last 3 weeks.

Honestly at this point there's almost nothing I won't chalk up to benzo WD. That may not be a particularly wise approach but in my experience it's worked so far.

Yes. Was it at back of neck. Rigid, can’t tip head forward. Being pulled back like skull in wring position and foci g lower jaw forward so teeth in front of upper ones.

Baylissa had very bad throat stiff. She would sip water to prove it wasn’t completely closed.

Mine is bad as well.

Ajusta, For me it was opposite i could not tip my head backward when my throat was rigid and when I had neck stiffness it was like someone was pulling my neck upward. but neck issue did not linger. it went away completely. and I have read someone had tightness on fin,too and she got better. Avoid stress as they get worse when you get stressed...and I massage them very often. hope you feel better.. and thanks for sharing her experience. it helps a lot :smitten:

I feel pressure in my whole head and often in my nose and face too. Sometimes it is just the face and/or nose. I've had migraine with and without aura on and off - mostly on - for about the last 3 weeks.

Honestly at this point there's almost nothing I won't chalk up to benzo WD. That may not be a particularly wise approach but in my experience it's worked so far.

Hi Krocksteady Thank you for responding. They are so uncomfortable symptoms but knowing that I am not alone means a lot to me! 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]