Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

DR/DP Thoughts

[JR...]

Dear BB....Would you all agree that DR/DP are some kind of thoughts ...like they would fall under weird thoughts category...I have heard they are not harmful but why they give you such a scary feelings. It keeps your mind constantly thinking if things around you real or gives you weird unreal type feelings. I am scare to go out because of these type of feelings and think what if it gets worse and I loose sanity and would not know where I am and what to do...can anyone relate to these type of feelings.

I was on 1mg Xanax for 12yrs and then moved 1mg klonopin for 8yrs as prescribed. I was given this med because I end up in ER 20yrs ago for just one panic attack. Didn't knew what it was back then and didn't knew about these meds impact in long run till last year. I am been off this med now 6 mons but still not back to normal and sometime feel that symptoms or these unreal type feelings getting worse.. I never had any issues before taking this benzo 20yrs ago..any thoughts

I was on benzos for about as long as you. 23 years. And yes these scary thoughts that make you feel unreal and not in your body and the people and the world are not real is a terrifying symptom and certainly benzo withdrawal. I had anxiety and panic attacks before starting benzos 23 years ago, but this is an entirely different animal. The terror , the paranoia, and the agoraphobia and depersonalization/derealization are absolutely torturous. You are not alone. I took my last dose of clonazepam nearly a year ago. I did a very slow and safe taper. I still have horrible symptoms and sometimes I think they’re getting worse though at other times I think I am improving. Just hold on and know that you’re not crazy this is benzo withdrawal

For me DPDR is more perceptual and somatic.

I feel like a tiny speck trapped deep inside my head, disconnected from a body I do not recognise or tans which I can’t feel properly and that feels hollow looking out through eyes at a world that looks like a bad cgi version of a gothic sci-fi film that I can’t feel, smell, see, hear properly and every sense impression causes terror because I can’t get outside of any of it or remember what it was like before I was like this.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]