Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is it actually worse to do this?

[ba...]

My common thinking is the less benzo the better...and some times feels I can skip a dose and have the thinking "I wonder if I can go every other day at a lower dose". But is that actually worse? Is it better to have the same amount of benzo each day on a gradual taper? By going up and down every other day would that just throw off the nervous system even more?

Thanks

I tried to get off Klonopin 4 times - I was finally successful when I did the slow ( cut weekly) taper. Also when I finally jumped I was in pretty good shape— gradually getting used to a lower and lower by steady  dose is the kinder to the body and makes post withdrawl so much less traumatic.

It's generally suggested to take your doses daily at the same time as you taper - you're right that this is easier on the central nervous system, saving the CNS from having to scramble to recalibrate in response to irregular dosing.  A slow, consistent, gradual taper is considered the best way to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]