Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Time to Get Off

[Ti...]

I'm 54 yrs old woman.  Prescribed .5 mg Ativan up to 3 x day.  7 years ago after my son was killed for PTSD, Anxiety and Panic attacks.  My use has been between .5 mg once per day to 1.5 mg spread out over one day.  Over the past year, i have gone down to .25 mg a day.  Recently, in the past 3 months, I am on a schedule of .5 to 1.0 mgs every other day with .5 mgs on the odd days.  Ready to be done with these!

Hello TitleGirl ,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies. We are so glad you decided to join.

I am so sorry to hear about your son.  My heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine how hard that is.

You have made a good decision to taper off Ativan. You’ve come to the right place for support and information.

Normally it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Some even find this a little fast. Taking it slow is the way to go with these drugs.

Please take a look around the site.  When you are ready feel free to post questions. 

Here are some links that will be helpful.

The Ashton Manual  is a great place to start. Full of information on Benzo withdrawal including recommended reduction rates and what is happening to us.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Ativan Tapering Thread  I too am tapering Ativan and you are welcome to join us in this thread specific to those of us tapering Ativan.

It's helpful if you create a signature with info on history-  medication/doses/cut dates etc. This allows members to give support specific to your situation.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile.

We are glad you are here. Please reach out for support. It really helps to know you are not alone.

JuJuBi

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]