Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

8 weeks off, waiting full restoration

[ro...]

After two month taking benzo, I tried ashton tapering method, and I jumped Valium at 2020/06/16.

I'm taking no medicine now. I have learned to be free from medicines if its not emergency!

Healing process are so slow and annoying, but its ACTUALLY moving on and I feel better and better.

Rest symptoms are

-everyday or always-

1. cognitive decline(I oftten feel harder to do my jobs than ever)

2. tinnitus(a little)

3. headache(Tightening type, most in evening~midnight)

4. stuffy(a little, but I can do exercise, training so hard everyday)

-sometimes-

4.Rash(around arm)

5.Gastrointestinal irritation(but I can eat as usual)

they are not critical, I'm doing daily works as well as ever.

My effort to heal earlier and more or fully.

I have kept daily  HIIT(tabata protocol), stretching, walking, and weekly weight training.

-daily exercises often make me feel better(reduce depression, headache, etc).

When I fall in bad feeling, I try CBT.

-Anxiety level directly effects my symptoms. Positiveness or acceptance are often needed. I often say "its OK, that's just healing process" or "that's a too extreme idea, stop thinking so bad" to myself.

I take healthy food usually. Sprouting brown rice, much vegetables(dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals), much meat and fish and soy(protein), a little oils(olive and sesame), a little fruits(adjust daily sugar mounts, vitamins, minerals). I care daily amount of sugar-oil-protein-fiber.

-healthy style make my body better, and that makes me feel better. but I sometimes take bad style meal(junk food, too much sugar, etc).  Because I think its not good to care too nervous.

I try to keep circadian rhythm. eating time, sleeping time, exercises time.

-it apparently improve my insomnia and ANNOYING much awakening. I can sleep 8-10 hour per day and awake 1-2 times per day.

Thank you BB and members! You actually rescued me!

I hope full recover in near future.

Congratulations on celebrating this milestone of 8 weeks off benzos!  Sounds like you're very purposeful about diet, exercise and self care practices such as CBT.  That's great!  Glad you're doing well! Thanks for sharing  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]