Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ridiculous Symptom

[e0...]

[e0...]

I have developed what Adjusta has which is a constant need to eat even though I don't want to eat. I never feel full.  The thought is just looping in my head and I can't distract from it.  Even when eating I am thinking about the next thing. 

This symptom is horrific and I can't handle it ontop of all the other mental symptoms I have I am going to loose my mind.

What is this from?  I quit cigarettes CT nearly 3 months ago.  Tapering off remeron.  19 months off benzos.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? Serotonin, dopamine, glutamate?

It's not the same as being constantly hungry. I don't want to eat but my brain doesn't understand that it just ate and then i start thinking about what to eat next.

P.S - for those PMing me I'm unable to respond right now.

Hi,

I'm very sorry you got this odd sx.

Are you still tapering remoron? Did you experience any bad effects from quiting smoking? Anything to do with that?

[e0...]

Hi,

I'm very sorry you got this odd sx.

Are you still tapering remoron? Did you experience any bad effects from quiting smoking? Anything to do with that?

Yes I'm still tapering remeron slowly. I don't know about smoking. I don't know what is causing what anymore.

[2a...]
I had that symptom. Benzos were demonstrated to disrupt communication between gut and the brain. I also speculated that it might be because of other symptoms i.e. insomnia and acid reflux. Not sleeping makes you more hungry and having acid reflux causes you to feel hungry also.

I had this sometimes.  My thought was the brain would release seratonin and dopamine when I was full.  Something I guess I was desperately needing or wanting?  That's why people binge eat to get that rush.  May be the reason?  Who knows? 

I have developed what Adjusta has which is a constant need to eat even though I don't want to eat. I never feel full.  The thought is just looping in my head and I can't distract from it.  Even when eating I am thinking about the next thing. 

This symptom is horrific and I can't handle it ontop of all the other mental symptoms I have I am going to loose my mind.

What is this from?  I quit cigarettes CT nearly 3 months ago.  Tapering off remeron.  19 months off benzos.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? Serotonin, dopamine, glutamate?

It's not the same as being constantly hungry. I don't want to eat but my brain doesn't understand that it just ate and then i start thinking about what to eat next.

P.S - for those PMing me I'm unable to respond right now.

From https://www.rxlist.com/remeron-side-effects-drug-center.htm:

"Remeron has been used to treat

nausea,

anxiety,

post traumatic stress syndrome, and

used as an appetite stimulant

"Common side effects of Remeron include

drowsiness

increased appetite

weight gain

dizziness, and

nausea"

Could this have something to do with your symptom?               

Just looked it up and yes it does seem increased appetite and weight gain can be side effect of remeron. I have heard stopping smoking can increase your appetite sometimes. I'm opposite eating very little at moment which is probably worse. Maybe just make sure you fill up on health stuff?

I stopped nicotine spray before this started for me.

I have no feeling of hunger or fullness in stomach as have no internal sensation at all. Feel completely hollow.

Could eat 20 plates of food and have no feeling of having eaten anything.

My brain wants me to eat biscuits and crisps all day every day.

If I try not to the feeling is so intense I want to die.

It is as of my brain thinks my body is in famine and is in a constant frantic attempt to rectify it.

I do not have low blood sugar - in fact it is now high because can’t stop eating biscuits.

My teeth are rotting.

My brain looks at everything and questions of it is edible.

If I put hand wash in my hand my brain tries to make me put it in my mouth.

My brain thinks plates and toothbrushes and my own shit is edible.

I get extreme terror that things will end up in my mouth.

Watched a man painting on TV and brain thought the paint was edible and that it would get in mouth.

I saw a sea spider on TV and my brain thought I was eating it.

When I shit my brain thinks the shot is going in my mouth.

Also thinks vegetables, meat etc are poisonous  and look rotten and they feel repulsive in my mouth - all textures, smells and tastes are wrong.

The constant compulsion is unbearable and it is hard to distract because I can’t even sit or lie in a bearable position let along good out and walk around because my body is crushing itself.

This is hell.

I took Remeron for 3 days only....I ate NON stop during those days!

Even stayed awake all night eating. Couldn't go more than 30 mins without shoving food in. It was crazy

Also Perth, if you can't respond to PMs, were you at least able to read it? :smitten:

Hi there

You described it well. It’s a typical symptom of withdrawal and will go away just like everything else.

It’s hard not to over eat when you have this

Just do your best by eating smaller portions for each meal

Shania

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]