Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

So close...yet so far away. Major Chrons flare and need to up-dose

[Pe...]

Need some help with math.

I'm using liquid vodka solution 10mg K per / 100 ml solution

Ive been taking 0.6ml since February ....How many mg is this??

I just had a major Chrons flare and was admitted to the hospital for 3 days. My anxiety is now at a 10 and my bowels are a wreck.

Stress and anxiety is killing me, literally. I need to up dose but don't want to go to high. What is my current dose (Sorry cant think)

COVID+Hurricane+Furlough=SUCKS!!!!!!!

0.06 mg

10 mg per 100 ml = 0.1 mg/ml

0.1 mg/ml * 0.6 ml = 0.06 mg

That seems like nothing...Am i the only one struggling with such a small dose?

No, you're not the only one who had to do small doses. I jumped at <0.1mg valium. Hard to believe, but the tiny amount helped keep severe vertigo at bay.

With the Crohn's flare up, I'm betting you're getting hit with high histamine. The DAO enzymes which tear apart drugs also process histamine. These enzymes are time limited meaning they don't process any faster just because there's more to do. Histamine tends to rise in WD. Although a tiny amount, the alcohol is a DAO inhibitor and can irritate the gut.  May not be an issue...hard to say.

Not medical advice, but here's what I've learned and done. When you're ready, you could try the trace mineral Molybdenum. It helps the DAO enzymes to clear acetylaldehyde. Standard dose is 400mg/day for 3 months then off a month. A symptom with DAO issues is extreme sensitivities to smells especially chemicals and perfume. I notice this decreases if I take the Mb.

Will they test you for MAP- Mycobacterium avian subspecies paratuberculous? It comes from cow's milk that is infected by this bacteria and is associated with Crohn's. In cattle, it's called Johnes disease. It can infect any ruminant. Positive animals are found in all commercial dairy herds. Since the animal doesn't show wasting signs until about 5 years of age, many of those infected do not show signs during their milking lives.  There is no successful vaccine/treatment for the animals. The meat of these cattle is not infectious. This data could affect drugs for your treatment choices.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/animal-disease-information/cattle-disease-information/johnes-disease-info

https://www.everydayhealth.com/crohns-disease/treatment/cure-crohns-disease-how-hopeful-should-we/

You might try the herbal slippery elm for pain relief from inflammation.  It coats the intestinal linings and is classified as a very benign substance. I've used it without problem for gastritis.

Vitamin A helps any rapidly dividing linings like skin, lungs and gut. It is fat soluble so possible to get too much, but generally those with gut issues have some fat absorption problems. Might be helpful.

Hope that is helpful to you. Wishing a speedy recovery.

[69...]

0.06 mg

10 mg per 100 ml = 0.1 mg/ml

0.1 mg/ml * 0.6 ml = 0.06 mg

That seems like nothing...Am i the only one struggling with such a small dose?

The cuts you made prior to this might be illuminating.  If (for example) you're reducing by 1 ml each cut, that now amounts to a 10% cut which might be too big for you. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]