Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

clonazapam withdrawl

[Ri...]

Hi everyone. I've been on clonazapam for 2+ years. 1mg 3xdaily. I've recently cut back to 2.5mg daily. I plan on tapering slowly due to the horror stories I've heard regarding withdrawl symptoms. I admit I'm scared but will forge ahead to finally be benzoyl free. I'm glad you guys are here

Hello Ride5767, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

So glad to hear you've done some homework about benzo withdrawal, this will help you avoid the mistakes many of us made when first starting out.  How are you feeling, any symptoms after reducing your dose by .5 mgs?  The reason I ask is because there are some who can discontinue these drugs without issues, you could be one of the lucky ones. 

Just to let you know, we suggest only reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two depending on your symptoms, when they get too rough we make the cuts smaller and hold for longer, we need to remain functional.

Have a look at our taper board and withdrawal support boards, you can connect with others going through this, it helps to have validation while going through this.

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

We're glad you're here, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]