Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

OCD intrusive thoughts: If it's not Benzos what else could it be?

[he...]

Hi all,

I am feeling quite desperate for answers. I don't know what to think anymore, is this Benzo related or is there something else wrong with me? Since I stopped Benzos I have developed what I consider to be harm OCD. I have the most horrifying images pop up in my mind and it terrifies me. I don't understand why I keep having such horrible thoughts. This is not like me at all. I am now 4 months off cold turkey (Ativan) and this is the only symptom I am suffering from. I was NEVER like this before Benzos, now I feel like a whole different evil person. I am ashamed to live this way and be around the people I love. they say I look better but that is because they can't see the crazy things happening in my mind. I don't know what to do. Has anyone recovered from this. I am 24 years old, maybe I am just going crazy. I am feeling so lost and worried about my mental health. I miss the way I used to be.  :-\

Hey, although I haven't experienced that symptom, I have read many on here who have. I did have something similar which I think is evidence that the mind worked the same way I got vivid images of the past. Someone told another poster to not be scared of the images because knowing that you don't like them means you're not harmful or going crazy.

I've experienced this symptom since quitting Klonopin cold turkey. It is a brutal symptom and the absolute worse symptom one could have. Please PM me if you want to talk about it.

It’s the benzos. This is a common symptom. I had this very severely for quite a while. It’s mostly gone now. Just try to remember that it’s just the benzos and it will stop.

Hi all,

I am feeling quite desperate for answers. I don't know what to think anymore, is this Benzo related or is there something else wrong with me? Since I stopped Benzos I have developed what I consider to be harm OCD. I have the most horrifying images pop up in my mind and it terrifies me. I don't understand why I keep having such horrible thoughts. This is not like me at all. I am now 4 months off cold turkey (Ativan) and this is the only symptom I am suffering from. I was NEVER like this before Benzos, now I feel like a whole different evil person. I am ashamed to live this way and be around the people I love. they say I look better but that is because they can't see the crazy things happening in my mind. I don't know what to do. Has anyone recovered from this. I am 24 years old, maybe I am just going crazy. I am feeling so lost and worried about my mental health. I miss the way I used to be.  :-\

I've had this for 18 months since being made go cold turkey, tried anti depressants as meant help OCD type symptoms but just made things worse. Only started after stopping zopiclone was fine before. Sorry I don't have anything to suggest to help you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]