Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feel hollow?

[Aj...]

Does anyone else feel like they are hollow - no feedback from inside body at all. Feel like a vast empty chasm surrounded by rigid bine and muscle all pulling in wrong directions.

Yeah, I definitely experience this.  Physically, mentally, emotionally, I feel dead/hollow inside some days.  But, I felt the same way, and sometimes worse on the benzos. It should get better over time, like the other symptoms.  I feel the best when I can focus on something, and lose myself in it.  But, focus...  it's another issue haha

Yes, and I also have this feeling of loss of control. It is weird, hard to explain, and so far I haven't had anyone tell me that they relate. I feel like I don't have control over my success, happiness, or life. Even if I wanted to one day say, "I am going to fight this today and go to work and do what I do best!" I feel like I can't will myself to be adequate at my job. It feels like I am so sick, I am not controlling the outcome.

I can say this happens to me quite regularly. Maybe only a couple of hours, 1-2 days a week. During my taper and about a month afterward, this was an everyday situation.

[62...]

Does anyone else feel like they are hollow - no feedback from inside body at all. Feel like a vast empty chasm surrounded by rigid bine and muscle all pulling in wrong directions.

I am hollow so empty inside. Floating while walking. No emotions or feelings besides anger and fear. I cant cry...

Agree with icy peppermint feel I have lost total control over my brain. Intrusive thoughts constantly forgotten how to feel joy about anything. Just looked in mirror don't look like me anymore .  the loss of hope that you will eventually recover is probably another symptom. So hot here doesn't help not eating or sleeping adding to stress.

[62...]

Agree with icy peppermint feel I have lost total control over my brain. Intrusive thoughts constantly forgotten how to feel joy about anything. Just looked in mirror don't look like me anymore .  the loss of hope that you will eventually recover is probably another symptom. So hot here doesn't help not eating or sleeping adding to stress.

It is like my thoughts are so scared and stupid. Thoughts that pop ups that i dont want or even can stand up for. I am lost. I cant fight my own mind anymore.

It is like my thoughts are so scared and stupid. Thoughts that pop ups that i dont want or even can stand up for. I am lost. I cant fight my own mind anymore.

I had SEVERE intrusive thoughts for quite a while. It was so cruel. I couldn’t stop them. Thankfully, they’re around 90% gone. Thank god. Just wanted to let you know that they are not permanent.

I don’t mean emotionally.

I mean that I physically feel like I am completely hollow.

No internal organs, no heart, no blood, no brain etc.

It is like my thoughts are so scared and stupid. Thoughts that pop ups that i dont want or even can stand up for. I am lost. I cant fight my own mind anymore.i

I had SEVERE intrusive thoughts for quite a while. It was so cruel. I couldn’t stop them. Thankfully, they’re around 90% gone. Thank god. Just wanted to let you know that they are not permanent.

That is reassuring I have literally hit rock bottom, don't want to be here any more. Just hoping the extreme weather might be making things temporarily worse. Can't sleep and haven't been sleeping. Can totally understand how Perth feels

[62...]

I don’t mean emotionally.

I mean that I physically feel like I am completely hollow.

No internal organs, no heart, no blood, no brain etc.

Yep! I cant feel my heart or brain...empty inside no organs. If i think about it and start to focus on that it gets worse. No face either. Just eyes nothing else

But this is the tricky part. Nobody feel their organs. Its not possible to feel the heart or liver or brain. Its crazy

And its hard to believe that its bc if dr dp

No but you normally feel of you have constipation or feel full of you have eaten etc.

I feel like I have a massive headache - can feel sounds hitting my head like of you are really hungover but no actual head pain.

It is the same numbness inside as outside.

Genitals, inside of mouth and nose etc numb and inside of body feels like that.

Periods stopped by on occasions they returned no pain - had severe period pain since my first period.

Literally lost sensation.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]