Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pots

[Fr...]

For anyone who has had to deal with POTs during this process what have you found most helpful? I am holding for now trying to get some of this under control. I eat probably 2000mg-3000mg of salt a day. Mostly just salting my food to taste. I read online recommended by doctors for POTs people is 8-10g a day. Has anyone found really pushing the salt helpful? It just makes me uncomfortablY hot, edgy and thirsty. I am having a hard time being able to get out of bed before 4pm or so unless it’s for food and bathroom then right back to laying down.

For anyone who has had to deal with POTs during this process what have you found most helpful? I am holding for now trying to get some of this under control. I eat probably 2000mg-3000mg of salt a day. Mostly just salting my food to taste. I read online recommended by doctors for POTs people is 8-10g a day. Has anyone found really pushing the salt helpful? It just makes me uncomfortablY hot, edgy and thirsty. I am having a hard time being able to get out of bed before 4pm or so unless it’s for food and bathroom then right back to laying down.

I've been struggling with the same but I do not push the salt as I'm having blood pressure spikes too at the moment. Is your blood pressure dropping after standing?

My heart rate shoots up but I don’t know about blood pressure. I don’t have a way to check that.

How high is your heart rate going?

About 120, and I get very sweating.

That's about the same for me and when it's really bad in will go 140...I sweat also and feel very anxious and shaky from.

I read the same about adding sodium to increase our blood volume and retain water but I'm not sure if our POTS is the same as what others suffer. My blood pressure typical increases when I stand.

About 120, and I get very sweating.

That's about the same for me and when it's really bad in will go 140...I sweat also and feel very anxious and shaky from.

I read the same about adding sodium to increase our blood volume and retain water but I'm not sure if our POTS is the same as what others suffer. My blood pressure typical increases when I stand.

Yes, same... feel racey! The only thing that takes it away is to lay down. I tried 1/4tsp of salt in a cup of water it seemed to help a bit but also made me more thirsty. It’s very hard to navigate.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]