Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

21 months free but still struggling

[We...]

Hi :)

I was on Xanax 2mg-4mg a day for 3 or 4 years (was on them on and off recreationally from 2010-2012) and came off of them cold turkey in November of 2018. I didn’t realize the hell that I would have to go through, but after learning so much, I’ve come to a conclusion: benzos are absolutely evil. I just wanted to get some advice from people seeing as I’m almost 2 years off but still struggling, and also just pop my head in and become a part of the community. :)

Hello WestboundOasis :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you found us.  I agree, these drugs are nasty, they help us in the beginning and then turn on us.  I am sorry you are still having symptoms, it can take a long time for some of us. I am sure they will resolve eventually.  You will get plenty of encouragement and support here.  Congratulations on being benzo free. 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I would suggest you read The Ashton Manual, reading this will give you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]