Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Going absolutely insane

[40...]

[40...]
I can't do this anymore guys. I'm literally going insane.  I'm extremely bad beyond words.  This isn't normal for withdrawal. 

Try speaking life over yourself. The mind is a powerful place so say I am not going crazy. Say I am

Going to be ok, this won’t last forever. Say it over and over. I really think you need to speak to your dr regarding all of this because you are seriously suffering. I’ve been following your posts and your at a point you need to get help.

[40...]

Try speaking life over yourself. The mind is a powerful place so say I am not going crazy. Say I am

Going to be ok, this won’t last forever. Say it over and over. I really think you need to speak to your dr regarding all of this because you are seriously suffering. I’ve been following your posts and your at a point you need to get help.

The problem is I've already gotten "help".  I've tried various drugs and nothing helps and makes me worse. I would'nt be here suffering desperately if I hadn't tried everything already. I've reached my limit 100 times already.

This won’t last forever.

If you have to walk in forests all day so be it.

Chris Paige paced constantly for 3 years and then it all stopped.

And yes, he had horrible internal akathesia as well.

Can confirm that repeating positive mantras helps during the really bad times. I just said it in my head but I bet it works even better said out loud.

I can't do this anymore guys. I'm literally going insane.  I'm extremely bad beyond words.  This isn't normal for withdrawal.

Dear perth22, I'm so sorry that you suffer so much.

Did you try to meditate or something like that? Relaxation exercises? EFT tapping?

Even during my most horrific symptoms I realized that breathing helps me a bit... it was sometimes enough to survive next few minutes.

Try deep slow breathing. 4 to 6 seconds breathe in, keep a breath for 2 or 3 seconds, then 4 to 6 seconds breathe out. Very deep and very slow and long breaths.

For most of the time I couldn't tolerate any kind of music. I even heard that some binaural rythms caused setbacks to some benzo damaged people, so I wouldn't recommend to listen anything with headphones on. But I would recommend to listen to this (without headphones):

It was one of the rare meditation pieces that could help me to relax to some extent and to better tolerate symptoms. If this one doesn't work for you, you can find something else on that or other channels.

Don't lose hope. It will get better.

The problem is I've already gotten "help".  I've tried various drugs and nothing helps and makes me worse. I would'nt be here suffering desperately if I hadn't tried everything already. I've reached my limit 100 times already.

Once your CNS is heavily damaged, everything else that affects it will only worsen your symptoms. I drink only water and eat food without additives. I'm avoiding completely sugar, alcohol, caffeine. I'm also on low carb diet... not always, but I try to keep it low. I eat fresh meat, vegetables and that's mostly it. I got rid of 80% of food I ate before all this. I'm avoiding supplements of any kind. They only caused me setbacks.

We all love ya perthy. You're a good guy and we all want to help you be well. I hope you realise that we really care about you.

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ho...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Sk...]
    • [...]
    • [To...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Do...]
    • [Gr...]