Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mid Afternoon Madness!

[Ha...]

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else gets a ramp up of symptoms in the afternoon? I've been in bed all day today, which I hope is good as my body is obviously trying it's best to heal. My physical symptoms have all but disappeared, which was my only symptom in previous CT's. But I'm still suffering from what I can only describe as a complete head F£_& mid afternoon, intrusive thoughts, panic, suicidal etc etc.

I really don't know if I can take much more of it to be honest. Anyone else get this? Maybe someone has a tip on controlling it?

Long shot I know, but have to ask

Thanks

Hi, my symptoms spike at around 2-4 everyday. They use to die down in the evening but that hasn't been the case for quite sometime. If you don't mind me asking, how many times did you CT?

Was a few more than that I realised after, was in a bad way when I wrote it.

2 month Valium Summer 2018

1 month Valium start summer 2019

1 month Xanax, + Prozac July 2019

1 month Ativan October 2019

Then the icing on the cake approx 6 months Valium + Citalopram

Didn't really know what I was doing, and my doctor never mentioned anything, was drinking heavily throughout too which probably wasn't a good idea

Hi, my symptoms spike at around 2-4 everyday. They use to die down in the evening but that hasn't been the case for quite sometime. If you don't mind me asking, how many times did you CT?

When you say it's not the case anymore. Do you mean you don't get a ramp up in symptoms, or you don't get relief in the evening?

I hope it's you don't get a ramp up. I was starting to think the end was in sight with no physical symptoms left

I don't get relief in the evenings anymore. But, I'm early in recovery; I have 2 months and 9 days. I may also be having more symptoms because I'm afraid of starting work again.

Sorry to hear that, I wasn't getting relief for days at a time originally so a few hours is definitely an improvement, I'm sure the relief will return, it just seems to take forever.

Not worked in 4 months now personally, wouldn't be surprised if I lose my job over this, but what can you do?

Hopefully get our lives back sooner rather than later

Having a Mare, if you are able to not work, then definitely focus on your health. Oddly enough, I get relief and reassurance when I have an up of symptoms in the afternoon because I know it will subside. I am hoping that my depression will eventually start to subside. I am tired of being so apathetic and scared. I hope you start to feel better!

My worst symptoms are in the morning and things get better as the day goes on. Everyone is different. I do yoga in the morning to help calm me down. I do the body scan by Jon Kabat Zinn every day. I still have random panic attacks as well but the morning is my worst time most days. Your symptoms sound pretty common for the most part. I know its really tough because I'm going through it too. Hopefully you will start to feel better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]