Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi All!

[ou...]

I joined the site as i've been going through a protracted withdrawl for the last 2.5 ish years. I took Valium and Ativan at different times. Various symptoms come and go, and it's quite miserable at times (as I'm sure everyone is familiar with). I'm still working out what things makes them trigger (One I have figured out - allergy meds, eek! Sucks for someone allergic to dogs, cats, dust, pollen, etc).

I joined the site to see other peoples stories and read about reactions to things to hopefully help me. 

Hello ousun :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We are glad you found us.  I am sorry that you continue to have symptoms, unfortunately recovery can mean  a very long journey for some of us.  It was 2 years for me, and that was long enough I thought!  I was very sensitive to other medications for quite a long while. I am sure you will continue to get better and that symptoms will resolve.  Sorry about your allergies, that can’t be easy for you.  Stay positive, distract the best you can for now, time is our healer

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body. You will find some valuable support and information on the forum.  We have a very helpful and friendly community, please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I will leave you a couple of useful links:

The Ashton Manual 

Post Withdrawal Support

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]