Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo-Free 92 days!

[In...]

I write today to bring HOPE to those still taking any type of benzodiazepine; if I can get off this horrific drug, you can, too. I knew something was very wrong with me and knew from trying to go cold turkey once to get off this drug and ending up in the Emerg room, that I was in a bad way. Once I read the Ashton article ( I found it by luck!) I knew I was going to go to my shrink and get diazepam to get help to get off this drug once and for all. No more meds for me! I tapered as directed and followed my gut ( a very important place!) and went as fast as my body would allow. What stuck with me was when she said— Never go backwards but stay at the taper place you are for as long as you need to ( not verbatim). So I stayed at a certain place until I felt “ safe” to go forward. I went totally benzo-free, noting when she said, Don’t stay at 1/2 mg as you’re not going to really start withdrawing until you are taking NO benzos ( also not verbatim). In hindsight, I thought I’d be improving right away ( haha) but that’s when the symptoms really kicked in. I experienced most of them from deep spinal tremors, cloudy head, frozen face, rigid neck, tingling hands and legs, especially feet, tinnitus, irritability, bouts of anger, headaches, major discontent, lack of clarity, crying bouts, benzo belly ( and all that entails), and more. However, at over 90 days free of benzos, I’m here to say with joy that I’m coming back! Sleeping at 88% ( have the APP Pillow), eating healthy foods, exercising daily, functioning at 100% at work (need my brain there), mood improving, joy is blossoming, and my sense of humor is returning.

When I made up my mind to be ME 100% and go off of ALL meds ( benzos were the last ones), Providence moved! I do believe that 110% as I know without Help, I was powerless over this medication. As I’ve heard others say, I was NOT psychologically addicted to this nasty drug but this drug had taken over my neuropathy and I was physically compromised because of this. My body and brain were literally fighting for their natural space from this invader and I could feel that in my skull. Just like a car sputters when trying to start, my brain was sputtering every morning to gain equilibrium. As I hit 90 days feee, I can feel the intensity lessening and I’m so grateful knowing that I do not have permanent brain damage. Thank you Benzo Buddies for being here! A light on the path! God bless you all on this Journey to Health!

Great Post, Inna Light.  I can totally relate to what you have written here.  We are free!  Free of the poison pills that we were lied to about, that literally almost killed us.  I won't touch "meds" ever again, disgusting drugs from hell.

Keep up the wonderful healthy lifestyle and healing is yours!

Best,

John

What an inspiration you are, you did all of this by finding and following the Ashton manual and relying on your gut, good for you!  I'm sorry you didn't know things would be rough when you stepped off the Valium, I try to gently warn members to this fact even though they don't want to hear it but I feel it's good to be prepared.

I'm so happy you're finding your way back to you and hope we'll see a success story from you when you've fully recovered.  :smitten:

Inna this is awesome. So happy for you! this journey def has its ups and downs, but it is good to know were free, and when you start to see improvements it is def an inspiration to keep going. :thumbsup:

Hi Inna Light,

Beautiful post and it does give me hope.  I am 108 days free and still fighting the symptoms but feeling better every day!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]