Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Yet another trip to the ER!

[...]

• My fear got the best of me again yesterday and I ended up in the ER. I was not expecting this to happen again at 7 months Benzo free! But it did and I’m ok with it! I’m trying to cut myself some slack!

I had a cough for several days as well as chest and back pain. I tried to ignore it, but it just continued. The more concerned I became, the more other symptoms manifested. I was fatigued and unable to do my morning walk, started having heart palps, and my blood pressure went up. So back to the ER I go.

EKG, chest film and labs all came back normal. I immediately started to feel better!
    I still had the cough and chest pain when I got home, but I was able to just let it be. I have to accept that my brain has not completely healed yet and continues to convince me that I am dying!

I am so looking forward to the day when I no longer live in fear of dying. I still have a lot of work and healing to do, but know for sure my brain will heal. I will not let Benzos defeat me! I’m grateful that I can go to an ER and get the reassurance I need to carry on my journey!

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend, Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry you had to go through this but at least you can be assured that you are OK.  I had many trips to the ER while in tolerance so I know how you feel.

Take good care,

pianogirl  :smitten:

[9b...]
Yes, be kind to yourself.  It’s okay to have a malady evaluated by a physician.  We still have to take care of ourselves.  The fear is relentless I know, especially when the looping thoughts start oh my gosh...

sis - hugs. Some days are just too much, and the symptoms can be very convincing that we are on deaths door. A couple mornings ago I had such rough physical symptoms( more than normal) that I was scared it was the virus. then I said to myself " Wait, this could just be bad ache and air hunger from benzos...can i smell - yes. is there fever? no. ok lets wait it out.."

Sure enough symptoms let up 4 hrs later and i knew I was ok.  But sometimes it is prudent to get checked out bc there is other crap besides benzo symptoms. Glad you're ok! :thumbsup:

Hello sjs, I have had a couple of trips to the ER and during this pandemic have been very fearful about symtoms being Coronavirus. My symtoms have revved up after a recent surgery and very uncomfortable again.  I am in my fifth year and I think stress is causing my symtoms which are very painful.  So happy that you are okay, and much good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]